Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who's hat does Maddux wear into the Hall of Fame?

Which teams hat does he wear when inducted intoThe Hall of Fame?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
Does he go with the team that drafted him or the team he had more success with? or wear both Like Gary Carter did a few years ago?

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Seriously? Pretty sure players don't have the choice now actually, the HOF makes that decision now I believe.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Don't really care how the decision is made at the moment. I'm more shocked that 2 people actually think the Cubs is the best answer! Cmon!

edwards_everything

Aug 7, 2008
Autismic said:
Is that new for the HOF to decide on the hat

Not 100% sure on this, but I think the Hall stopped letting playeres decide on what hat to have on their plaque after Wade Boggs was going to go in as a Devil Ray. I think the Rays were going to pay him to wear their hat on his plaque.

If I'm wrong, I hope somebody corrects me. Don't want to be spreading false rumors.......

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Players cant choose anymore cause Winfield went in as a Padre and shortly after that, Boggs wanted to go in as a Devil Ray. Thats when the HOF nixed it.

G

andyduke86 said:
Seriously? Pretty sure players don't have the choice now actually, the HOF makes that decision now I believe.
Ding ding we have a winner
It will be the Braves Because that is where he did his most damage on the the hitters.
All the division championships Cy young and all the other stuff> It is a no brainier on what hat he will have.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
Being a Cubs fan, I would love to see him go in as a Cub. But the realist in me realizes he'll more than likely go in as a Brave. I voted Braves.

Agree on all parts.

Im surprised 6 people at this point have voted Cubs.

Being a Cubs fan I cant believe they ever let him go to the Braves.... but his years in Atlanta were some of the best years of any pitcher.. in any era... 101 games over .500.... 178-77

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The Hall chooses the hat. It was never a big issue until the last decade or so, when players from the era of free agency started getting elected and they could be strongly identified with more than one club. The Boggs rumor brought all this to light.

A better question is Henderson or Clemens. I'd think of Henderson as an A, but some Yankees fans might try to claim him, too. Clemens, in my mind's eye, is a Red Sox, but it could be fairly argued for the Yankees, too. Of course, he's no longer the 98% lock he once was, either.

Members online

Latest posts