Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does CHP stand for what I think it does???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
On my Lee Smith checklist, there is a 1995 Angels CHP card listed.
I assume that it stands for California Highway Patrole but I am not 100% certain.
My reason for asking is because every search that I try on the Bay turns up empty.
I was just curious to know if it stands for something else so that I can alter my search.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I would assume so. A lot of teams had "Police" cards, sponsored by local police departments.

Now it would be 10x cooler if it was Lee Smith WITH Erik Estrada on the card!! That would RULE!!

Aug 13, 2008
Sly said:
I would assume so. A lot of teams had "Police" cards, sponsored by local police departments.

Now it would be 10x cooler if it was Lee Smith WITH Erik Estrada on the card!! That would RULE!!

If you want a picture of Erik Estrada so bad, here you go

erik_estrada.jpg

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
It is California Highway Patrol. The set is sometimes just called California Angels Police, so might want to search that. Cards have gray and dark blue borders, and a 35th anniversary (for the team) logo.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Sometimes those regional releases are tough as nails to track down. When I was collexcting everything Gretzky had I remember the West Edmonton Mall card being the greatest of challenges. It took me a decade just to find one. Good luck!

Members online

Latest posts