Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

09-10 Exquisite Break??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
With Exquisite's release date scheduled for tomorrow, I thought I would see someone offering up a group break. I realize that with only 15 cards in the case, it would be tough and rather expensive, but it no one really going to do this? I have never done a case break, but I do have a case pre-ordered :D . What are everyone's thoughts about this product and/or everyone's interest in possibly breaking it?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
excel_B said:
And wouldn't mind to be involved in this so-called break. How much would you consider to sell a spot?

I have not put any thought into actually doing the break. I was merely seeing if anyone else who normally does them was considering a break. If not, and enough people were interested, I might be willing to set one up (if it was approved, of course).

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
A_Pharis said:
It tends to work out reaallllyyy bad when there's only 15 cards and you have more than 15 spots in the break. High $ + no hits = massive complaints.

I'd highly highly advise against it.

I would assume that anyone entertaining a group break idea for this product would only have 15 spots, hence the expensive remark in my original post. I couldnt imagine paying a significant amount of $$ and getting stuck with nothing. That would be terrible.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I have thought about this over and over. I think the only way to do a break on this product would be to get a small group together and invest in the case. One person would bust it and another would list it all on ebay.

Kind of like the oval office set but with a much smaller group.

I don't see any money being made if you are paying around $800 a box.

I was lucky and got my hands on 1 box wholesale. Not sure what I am doing with it yet.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
All In Cards said:
I have thought about this over and over. I think the only way to do a break on this product would be to get a small group together and invest in the case. One person would bust it and another would list it all on ebay.

Kind of like the oval office set but with a much smaller group.

I don't see any money being made if you are paying around $800 a box.

I was lucky and got my hands on 1 box wholesale. Not sure what I am doing with it yet.

I thought this would be the answer I was going to receive. To do a group break on this case, I would assume that each slot would be around $180-$200 based on rough calculations. I dont know there are 15 risk takers on this forum bold enough to put that much $$ up for a chance at possibly landing a base card. It would be cool, but the more I think about it, the more I doubt it would work.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:
isnt this a basketball product? :/

Technically, yes, but it has cards from all major sports in it since it is UDs last licensed Basketball release.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Jays_Cards said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Technically, yes, but it has cards from all major sports in it since it is UDs last licensed Basketball release.

and Baseball high end as well.

are they going the 2005 Donruss route and blowing everything out?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:
Jays_Cards said:
ThoseBackPages said:

and Baseball high end as well.

are they going the 2005 Donruss route and blowing everything out?

Pretty much.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
i think the only way this would work would be if the break had 15 spots buteven then think aobut how much a spot would be to get a base card or 1 color gu or hell any card fromthe break 90% of the time will prob sell for less then 1/15th of a case unless u get the 1 or 2 big hits per box

Latest posts