Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First 2009 National Treasures Image

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Panini just put the first 2009 NT image up on Facebook. It's a rookie patch auto with an all-new design and I have to say that I'm just a little bit disappointed. The design isn't bad, but I've always liked the elegant and understated design of previous iterations of National Treasures. I also can't help but be disappointed by the auto; it appears that Panini just had them use a sharpie to sign a glossy area and the ink just blots up. Hopefully this is just a fluke and Panini can get it straitened out before other players sign their cards.

947t.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I love the ******* design. I bet they worked at least 5 minutes on that. Chances are if they are showing
that card and that sig, that there will be major problems with this.

Kevin

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Ryo1549 said:
Looks like Leaf R&S on steroids =( The card itself is nice though. Cant wait to do some of this.
I was really thinking almost the same thing. It's like a variation of Leaf R&S. I do like the look of the card as well though.

I wasn't clever enough to think of the "on steroids" :lol:

Really to me, it looks like the love child of Leaf R&S and Playoff Prestige. If those products could somehow make babies, they would look like this card.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
tenclubber said:
I don't like the design. I thought that the 08 product was nice and crisp. They need to remember the K.I.S.S. rule...Keep It Simple Stupid...

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I think this card would be great in something like Limited, but they would have to ruin it by layering three different types of foil on it first.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I just noticed something else. It's an on card auto, which is awesome BUT look at how bad the auto bubbled. I'd be pissed if I pulled a card like that from a high end product like NT with an auto that badly bubbled.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
I like it. Last year was just like 07 with the white. Think they did a nice job. Will have to wait and see about the bubbling autos.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
If all autos are bubbled up because they didn't have a dull finish on the card where it's signed or didn't send the players lumocolor markers. This product will be a major flop.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Old Kentucky Shark said:
Kinda looks like they're trying to make it look more like Exquisite.

that was my initial reaction. Looks too "modern" for National treasures. Doesn't have that throwback look to it, like the last few releases. Hope they fix that ink issue as well. UD made that mistake with the 05/06 limited logos in cup Hockey. All the autos were on some glossy area and smeared around like crap.

Members online

Latest posts