Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wilmer Flores Hold Or Sell?

Wilmer Flores

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I just got a Flores Gold Auto from Chrome, and I was wondering would you hold or Sell/Trade?

Pretty simple, please explain.... Poll added too.

Shep :ugeek:

goblue6919

Aug 7, 2008
Sell. Not a lot of power, very slow, pretty poor fielder.

He's still VERY young but look at Fernando Martinez's prices now. His stuff use to be through the roof.

I'm only buying if his prices drop a lot.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
goblue6919 said:
Sell. Not a lot of power, very slow, pretty poor fielder.

He's still VERY young but look at Fernando Martinez's prices now. His stuff use to be through the roof.

I'm only buying if his prices drop a lot.

Thanks, But why is he selling good?

I checked his stats not overly impressive....

Legit Investments

Sep 1, 2008
Michigan
Because of projection.... he showed power in his first year with 8HR at the age of 17, he plays for the mets and he is expected to hit for power, he is expected to be an average fielder... he may be to slow for SS but he has a arm good enough to play 3B and enough speed for LF.

His stats weren't impressive, but you have to factor in his age and exp. He has a nice swing according to scouting reports, and alot of his fly balls should result in HR when he adds bulk. He is tall and linky and his body has yet to develop.

I'd hold, just a little flash of potential could double your card, well at least in yesterdays economy it would have.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Legit Investments said:
Because of projection.... he showed power in his first year with 8HR at the age of 17, he plays for the mets and he is expected to hit for power, he is expected to be an average fielder... he may be to slow for SS but he has a arm good enough to play 3B and enough speed for LF.

His stats weren't impressive, but you have to factor in his age and exp. He has a nice swing according to scouting reports, and alot of his fly balls should result in HR when he adds bulk. He is tall and linky and his body has yet to develop.

I'd hold, just a little flash of potential could double your card, well at least in yesterdays economy it would have.

Thank You for all the info! Very helpful.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Tough call.

The Mets have at best a pathetic minor league system.
That will help get Wilmer promoted and hyped in a
big city like New York.

Selling now though, with winter here might not be the best idea

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
ThoseBackPages said:
Tough call.

The Mets have at best a pathetic minor league system.
That will help get Wilmer promoted and hyped in a
big city like New York.

Selling now though, with winter here might not be the best idea

Yeah I was thinking something along the same lines.... You really couldn't hurt holding it till next baseball season, I don't think he is a Villalona type guy....

Members online

Latest posts