Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Things you've learned from this year's playoffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
Thought this might be a good topic of discussion....

I've learned the following:

1. That Matt Kemp is more aggressive than I thought. I think he has swung at the first pitch of every at-bat in this series, except for maybe one.

2. That Padilla is possibly becoming a strong NL pitcher.

3. That the thought of Pedro pitching again in the NLCS scares me a little...

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Never question the heart or stuff of Pedro Martinez! I never did, but alot of people learned that lesson. Maddux was dominant for years with a 90 mph fastball, and perfect location of his change up. I do not see why Pedro could not hang on for 3-5 more years and do the same.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
moxacaine said:
I've learned that the Yankees need help from the umpires to win games.

Not just the foul ball botched call but the Red Sox and Yankees pitchers get the most favorable strike zones in MLB HISTORY!

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
gt2590 said:
That the Phillies need a therapist for the WHOLE bullpen...

So true. I actually look forward to their bullpen coming in so the Dodgers can hit a little more. :)

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
I find it funny that peopl are blameing the bullpen for that Phillies loss! Utley cost them the game! Park got the grounder he needed, blame Utley!

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
bodiaz said:
I find it funny that peopl are blameing the bullpen for that Phillies loss! Utley cost them the game! Park got the grounder he needed, blame Utley!

True that Utley has looked a little like Dan Uggla at the All-star game, but the bullpen has been shaky. Lidge was fortunate to get a DP the other night when the Dodgers were trying to rally.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Padilla is a very good pitcher. But he will not produce the numbers the he is producing in the playoffs currently over a full-length season.

To endure a full length season he cannot throw that 95-96 MPH moving fastball he does now. I've seen him pitch numerous times with the Phillies and against the Orioles. He'll throw 90-94 the whole season and it's not enough.

His next best pitch is his eephus curveball but he can only throw that once every 25 pitches for it to be the most effective.

After that he has an okay slider and a subpar changup.

He would be a great setup man IMO.

1995BBRefractorGuy said:
moxacaine said:

Not just the foul ball botched call but the Red Sox and Yankees pitchers get the most favorable strike zones in MLB HISTORY!

Seriously.....you want some cheese with that whine????

I am truly amazed at the lack of parental supervision with the use of computers today.

Grow up already ::facepalm::

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
gt2590 said:
That the Phillies need a therapist for the WHOLE bullpen...

Just yesterday pd - it's a rare event that they only score a lone run too. It's rare that Charlie presses the wrong buttons.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Mahoody said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
moxacaine said:

I am truly amazed at the lack of parental supervision with the use of computers today.

Coming from a Yankee fan. Did he hurt your wittle feewings?? Aww..

zan

Zan said:
Mahoody said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
moxacaine said:

Coming from a Yankee fan. Did he hurt your wittle feewings?? Aww..

zan

No not at all

I just love it when envious little children make unintelligent statements

All the bad calls that you see in the playoffs are the result of the umpiring crews being selected on a rotation basis and NOT on a merit system.
Years ago only the best umpiring crews officiated in the playoffs, but enough of the crappy crews complained that they were missing out on the money earned working the playoffs so instead of improving their skills they lowered the standards and allowed everyone a chance to screw up the playoffs thru this ridiculous rotation system now employed.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Because Ryan Howard is still in the playoffs and Albert Pujols isn't, I've learned that:

Howard > Pujols

Additionally, a bad outting by Clayton Kershaw has told me that:

Kershaw (pitcher) = Ankiel (pitcher)

Oh wait, no I learned all that from FCB!!!!! ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts