Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay titles & descriptions that make you roll your eyes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What are some stupid things that eBay sellers write in their titles and descriptions?
I'm sure many of you are guilty of the following in your auctions.

L@@K
Hot!!!
A must for any collector
$$$$$$$$
Straight from the pack to a penny sleeve and top loader
1/1 (when it's a jersey number or something)
Bid early, bid often.
Descriptions that give multiple paragraphs of a player's biography and stats.
My loss is your gain.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
My favorite is something like this - "This kid is tearing up the minors and is absolutely on fire!! Invest now before these cards skyrocket!!!" If the cards are that "can't miss", why wouldn't they just hold them and wait for the blast off?? :D

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
Austin said:
What are some stupid things that eBay sellers write in their titles and descriptions that drive you crazy.

L@@K
Hot!!!
A must for any collector
$$$$$$$$
Bid early, bid often.
My loss is your gain.
i will admit to adding a must for any collector. the l@@k drives me insane

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
jeff550 said:
Austin said:
What are some stupid things that eBay sellers write in their titles and descriptions that drive you crazy.

L@@K
Hot!!!
A must for any collector
$$$$$$$$
Bid early, bid often.
My loss is your gain.
i will admit to adding a must for any collector. the l@@k drives me insane

I throw that in sometimes as well.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Does anybody know how the hell the L@@K, and Hot!!! crap got started?

Nobody types L@@K into their search terms, so what purpose does this serve? On multiple occasions, it has caused me to not even bother with that persons auctions.

Jul 30, 2009
Up for bids is this old 1952 Micky Mantel card it is real my Grandmother gave it to me for my birthday I was very suprized and thanked her. But I Dont Collect Cards And Would Rather Have The Money So I Am Saleing this super rare baseball card feturing the greatest yankee player ever in the history of baseball.

Im not a professional grader but I would grade this card as perfect condition with only a small creese across the card surface and a slightly rounder corner it also has some stains on the back MAY BE MICKY SPILLED COFEE ON THE CARD WHEN HE WAS PROMOTING MR. COFFEE.

No refunds on the card please bid early and often and please no that eventhough my feedback is 1 I be a honest seller and deeler and noone I no is more honest then me.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mredsox89 said:
beberly said:
IndyMann said:
"Comes from a smoke-free home!"

That one has some merit. Have you ever opened up a package from a smokers home? I have once.

yea, its really bad. You wouldn't think the stench is that great but it's evident right when you open the mailer.
Yep. I include a small line about that. I always hate when I buy something and get a package full of smoke. I'm a smoker myself, but I don't do it in my home.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
011873 said:
Up for bids is this old 1952 Micky Mantel card it is real my Grandmother gave it to me for my birthday I was very suprized and thanked her. But I Dont Collect Cards And Would Rather Have The Money So I Am Saleing this super rare baseball card feturing the greatest yankee player ever in the history of baseball.

Im not a professional grader but I would grade this card as perfect condition with only a small creese across the card surface and a slightly rounder corner it also has some stains on the back MAY BE MICKY SPILLED COFEE ON THE CARD WHEN HE WAS PROMOTING MR. COFFEE.

No refunds on the card please bid early and often and please no that eventhough my feedback is 1 I be a honest seller and deeler and noone I no is more honest then me.
and...post thanked :lol:

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Austin said:
What are some stupid things that eBay sellers write in their titles and descriptions?

L@@K
Hot!!!
A must for any collector
$$$$$$$$

Bid early, bid often.
My loss is your gain.

I use this one. I mean, honestly, I hate when ppl just leave their hits lying around unprotected so of course I'm gonna let you know that it went straight into some type of protective holder, be it penny sleeve and top-load or one-touch. I am probably gonna mention it.

Members online

Latest posts