Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worst player combo autographs on one card- post 'em here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
There have been some really BAD match-ups over the years.

Don't get me wrong, us card collectors love multiple autographed cards WHEN there is somewhat of a relationship between the two or three or four players involved. When companies "force" two autographs on a card, it can have really bad results. There are some combos that leave us scratching our heads- 2007 exquisite baseball was the first thing that came to my mind.

I mean, when a product is fresh, sometimes matching up a hall of famer and a rookie prospect can be interesting, but several years down the line.......ugh ::facepalm:: you have to ask yourself- what in the world was the company thinking?

Player collectors- do you actually go after these cards despite the horrendous other player choice on the card?

I would love to see what you think is the WORST player selection on a multi-player autographed card you have ever seen- I thought this would be entertaining for everyone.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
How about a dual autograph card of Ryan Howard and........Justin Leone??

thanks for Upper Deck for that brainchild in 05 refelection. If there was ever a time to cut a card in half, this
would be a time to do it!

Kevin

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
2004 SP Prospects has some of the worst combination autos of all time.

Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, and Homer Bailey.
Ernie Banks, Derek Jeter, and Matt Bush.
Carlton Fisk, Frank Thomas, Tyler Lumsden.
Tony Perez, Ken Griffey Jr, B.J. Szymanski.

There are tons more.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
One of these things is not like the others...

IMG_4325.jpg

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
1998 Stadium Club Co-Signers Randy Johnson/Jaret Wright

I mean, at the time it seemed ok, since Wright was pretty hot but still.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I own a 2004 SP Chirography Triple autograph with Jose Reyes, Miguel Cabrera, and wait for it, BO PORTER!!

Jeez, that card would have been so sweet with even a decent young star instead of Porter!

thehamiltonian

Mar 7, 2009
Canada
Josh Hamilton has two Co-signers cards, one with Corey Myers, and one with BJ Garbe.

Before Hamilton came back, people must have looked at them and wept. Now, I look at mine and go 'Why?'

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
2005 Topps Rookie Cup Tom Seaver Wade Townsend

I pulled the card from a pack then decided shortly after to collect Towsend. Luckily I only bought 5 or 6 autos.

This remains my only Seaver auto.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Speaking of 2007 exquisite baseball, how about a dual auto of Cal Ripken Jr. and Don Kelly?

Or my personal favorite Ken Griffey Jr. and Jon Coutlangus ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Good gosh what was upper deck thinking.............That Coutlangus reduces the value of that card by at least a half.... ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
chashawk said:
Here's a few more favorites, borrowed from a fellow Dawson collectors' bucket :D

2004SPProspectsDraftGen3Auto17.jpg

2004SPProspectsLink2Past2Auto25.jpg

2004SPProspectsLink2Past2Auto43.jpg

This whole set was full of badness on stickers :lol:

Ugh, you're right, I had totally forgotten about all that badness. 2004 sp prospects has got to be up there as one of the worst player combo sets in history...

Ms. Jackson would be very proud.

I guess the rookie/vet combo has turned out to be not so great an idea in most instances- have any ever worked?

Also, does anyone have any NASTY vet/vet combos? Those must be pretty challenging to find.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
JoshHamilton said:
Tiger Woods and Lebron James
:lol:

Honestly, I couldn't agree with you more.

There are probably only a handful of athletes in the world who could appropriately be placed on the same autograph card as Tiger, and these include:

Michael Jordan
Jack Nicklaus
Arnold Palmer
Muhammad Ali
and maybe Wayne Gretzky

That's it.

I've commented before on a previous post regarding my feelings about the Lebron/Tiger pairing- Lebron doesn't belong on the card. Upper Deck really had to stretch this one out and connect the two by birthdays for crying out loud to justify making it. The non-inscipted ones really have no special meaning for me, and the inscripted one passes cause I doubt Tiger will ever inscribe his birthdate next to his autograph again.

This pairing has really got me concerned about Upper Deck and it's future use of Tiger in it's sports cards products. I really don't want to see a Tiger/Chris Paul dual, or a Tiger/Sidney Crosby dual or a Tiger/Ovechkin dual. I don't want to see Tiger/AP, Tiger/Peyton Manning, Tiger/Kevin Durant. Don't proliferate his autograph like they did with Jeter, Ripken and Griffey in 2007 exquisite baseball. There's really no reason for it. And hopefully Tiger puts his foot down and says NO to a potential Tiger/Jarome Iginla dual autograph. Please UD, just don't do it.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah, I meant that Reflections had some really bad duals. The Ultimate is one of the best duals I've seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts