Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you're a GM in the NFL and have a top 10 pick would you

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Take Sam Bradford?

Does the shoulder hurt his value?

Where do you think he will be taken and where do you think he SHOULD be taken?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I wouldn't take him, I would let some other team take him. Making a bad high draft pick will hurt your team, making a bad high draft pick that is a QB will more than likely set your franchise back a few years. I wouldn't want to deal with that.

Look at what happened to him this year, imagine what's going to happen to that shoulder when he has 300+ lb lineman landing on him every week for 5 months!!!

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
Not sure I can risk a top 10 pick on a spread offense QB with a lingering shoulder injury. Lot of variables there, from footwork, reading defenses in a pro-style offense, and the shoulder/durability question now.

The shoulder has to hurt his value, seeing how it has altered the careers of other QB's in the past (Pennington 3x on his shoulder, Alex Smith 2x on his, Tim Couch even using HGH to try and heal his). Multiple injuries to the same shoulder seem to continue on with a player.

When do I pick him? Mid to late 1st round range (18-30) as a sit and wait QB pick (depending on my team's need at the position). Not throwing him back out there in September from Day One as the starter.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
I agree.

Only way I take Bradford is in the 2nd round and I already have a solid starter. I don't think he's a franchise guy at this point in his career and I pass. If I am dire need of a QB with a top 10 pick, I definitely look elsewhere, like Locker or Clausen.

I still however think he goes mid 1st round. The what if factor and talent level he has is too much for some GMs to pass up. Maybe someone takes him in the late first round who has a solid starter already and can groom him to what they want him to be.

His durability does scare me. We heard GMs talking last year how his frame doesn't look like something that can handle hits. Looks like they were right.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Ryo1549 said:
I agree.

Only way I take Bradford is in the 2nd round and I already have a solid starter. I don't think he's a franchise guy at this point in his career and I pass. If I am dire need of a QB with a top 10 pick, I definitely look elsewhere, like Locker or Clausen.

I still however think he goes mid 1st round. The what if factor and talent level he has is too much for some GMs to pass up. Maybe someone takes him in the late first round who has a solid starter already and can groom him to what they want him to be.

His durability does scare me. We heard GMs talking last year how his frame doesn't look like something that can handle hits. Looks like they were right.

Yeah, I can see the Pats taking him if he falls to them since they don't have a good backup right now after cutting all of them. He would be able to sit behind Brady and learn from him, just like Rodgers did with Favre and Rivers with Brees.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
I don't think i could do it.

It also really depends on what i need. If i need a wide out an Bradford was still on the board i wouldn't take him. But if i needed a QB it would be a hard decision. If he doesn't play at all this year any more i belive he should be a low 1st round to high 2nd round.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Vincesanity said:
Mark my words, the 2010 draft will be epic, Cleveland should feel good with all their picks

How so? IMO the 2010 is pretty weak. The top guys I can think of Suh, Berry, Mays, Best and Bryant. None of the QB's seem like great pro prospects.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Bum shoulder + a spread system makes me stay away. It would have to be a team that has a good O-line and time to let him learn the QB position in the NFL.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
This draft will be LOADED in light of the Bradford situation. That said, I'd stay away from him. One injury maybe but twice to the same shoulder? That's too big of a red flag for me. I wouldn't draft him anywhere in the first round, much less in the top 10.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Without a doubt.

As for the spread concerns... What do you think the NFL is turning into? Everyone goes spread when they fall behind and it is unstoppable. Only a matter of time till it is used more often.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I think he'll be a mid to late 1st rounder. I could see someone like the Cardinals taking him. I just don't see how anyone could still project him to be a top 5 pick.

Alex

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
dfr52 said:
Vincesanity said:
Mark my words, the 2010 draft will be epic, Cleveland should feel good with all their picks

How so? IMO the 2010 is pretty weak. The top guys I can think of Suh, Berry, Mays, Best and Bryant. None of the QB's seem like great pro prospects.

The QB position may be light at the top, but I think it will be deeper than most. Remember, the whole draft will be more loaded because of the threat of a rookie salary cap in 2011. Tons of underclassmen will be coming out that would have stayed in otherwise.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
gt2590 said:
dfr52 said:
Vincesanity said:

The QB position may be light at the top, but I think it will be deeper than most. Remember, the whole draft will be more loaded because of the threat of a rookie salary cap in 2011. Tons of underclassmen will be coming out that would have stayed in otherwise.

True, but IMO the talent just isn't as good as in recent drafts besides the few players I have noticed.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
flightposite said:
Without a doubt.

As for the spread concerns... What do you think the NFL is turning into? Everyone goes spread when they fall behind and it is unstoppable. Only a matter of time till it is used more often.

The spread only works if the QB has time and usually they don't. The run and shoot was very similar and it lasted only a few seasons before teams started moving away from it.

Members online

Latest posts