Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which Autos Are You Buying, Razor or USA?

Which Autos Are You Buying?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Which auto are you buying of your guys that allready have an USA Auto that are in Razor? To me it was USA no brainer, but with the news that the USA sets will be recycling the same autos of the same guys in an 08/09 Product it made me think a little bit. Thoughts?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
soxrchamps07 said:
Which auto are you buying of your guys that allready have an USA Auto that are in Razor? To me it was USA no brainer, but with the news that the USA sets will be recycling the same autos of the same guys in an 08/09 Product it made me think a little bit. Thoughts?

The bolded part is not correct. We received the wrong checklist. The new one has all the guys we were initially expecting, such as Stephen Strasburg and even Bryce Harper.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
soxrchamps07 said:

The bolded part is not correct. We received the wrong checklist. The new one has all the guys we were initially expecting, such as Stephen Strasburg and even Bryce Harper.

Really? Thats great news, i found it hard to belive that they would actually recycle the autos.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
As J.P. wrote above, that whole thread was made in error (albeit it was an entertaining debate nontheless- kudos to J.P. for being at every turn of my debate :D ) & you have 0 worries of the USA's being a repeat- which makes them even better (especially if Razor "does" sell well). Personally, I wish you had listed a "both" option as I think some of the Razor's (many as a matter of fact) are great buy's right now! I just picked up a handful or two worth of singles & at the current price's I don't see the downside to investing in many of the Razor singles (granted some of them have been a bit too high for my liking, but that could be because of the initial "hype"/"newness" of the product). I have been stocking up on USA's since Razor's anouncement way back when (& I picked up my personal favorite/white whale tonight!)... :D

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
As J.P. wrote above, that whole thread was made in error (albeit it was an entertaining debate nontheless- kudos to J.P. for being at every turn of my debate :D ) & you have 0 worries of the USA's being a repeat- which makes them even better (especially if Razor "does" sell well). Personally, I wish you had listed a "both" option as I think some of the Razor's (many as a matter of fact) are great buy's right now! I just picked up a handful or two worth of singles & at the current price's I don't see the downside to investing in many of the Razor singles (granted some of them have been a bit too high for my liking, but that could be because of the initial "hype"/"newness" of the product). I have been stocking up on USA's since Razor's anouncement way back when (& I picked up my personal favorite/white whale tonight!)... :D

fixed it for ya ;)

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I'm not sold on the upward mobility of either one yet. I think there's still a lot of money to be made in 08 BC and 08 BDP, so I'm going to stick with those known commodities until I see something to tell me that others will offer a better ROI.
For now, I'd say USA, purely because I've seen that when hype is high, they will sell pretty well (see Price, Laporta etc.).

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Hey SoxChamps07, where are your USA's (I went through your bucket in hopes of comparing our stashes but didn't find any)? C'mon, don't be shy, show your American pride :D :lol: (let's see those USA's) :D

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Hey SoxChamps07, where are your USA's (I went through your bucket in hopes of comparing our stashes but didn't find any)? C'mon, don't be shy, show your American pride :D :lol: (let's see those USA's) :D

I actually currently dont own a one.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
USA Always!
Will dabble in a tad of Razor here and there of my guys possibly.

But I'm loving the new USA Checklist.
Strasberg, Purke, Minor, yes please... :)

And MORE Arrieta Patriotic Patches.... :D
Arrieta-HarveyUSAPatrioticPatches.jpg

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Russ S. said:
USA Always!

Arrieta-HarveyUSAPatrioticPatches.jpg

I'm loving that USA has "on-card" auto's this year of Purke, Minor, Malm, Givens, etc. (next year's 1st rounder's "THIS YEAR")!!! :D

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Russ S. said:
USA Always!

I'm loving that USA has "on-card" auto's this year of Purke, Minor, Malm, Givens, etc. (next year's 1st rounder's "THIS YEAR")!!! :D
Absolutely!!
The On-Card Autos this year were a treat!
I have about 5 Minors, pulled 1 Purke (hoping to get a few more), and Still wanting to pick up a few Givens (to go along with some Patches I already have... ;) )

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
It's kinda funny as I thought for the longest that these were TTM's & that's why it took me a little bit before I dove in to buying them (I am still kicking myself as once I realized these weren't TTM's, I then thought the Red "On-card's" were TTM's & I let 2 Brett Wallace's slip by on Ebay for $18.89 & $19.66, one after the other...I watched & laughed to myself as I thought whomever was buying those didn't realize they were getting TTM's..."stupid, stupid, stupid me!" :lol: :|

Members online

Latest posts