Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Koufax Painting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I recently commissioned Absolon Moreau (http://www.moreauart.com/) to paint a Koufax painting for me. While it's not in hand yet and needs some finishing touches (not to the image, to the finish) here's what it looks like. I'm pretty psyched and blown away!! I highly recommend checking out his site. (Note, the scan is far smaller than the actual 16x20.)

KoufaxPainting.jpg

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Erich said:
That is really nice looking. Now only if you get Koufax to sign it.
Does he ever do signings anymore? Either way I'm not sure I'd be interested in paying his asking price, but it would certainly be sweet.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Topnotchsy said:
Erich said:
Does he ever do signings anymore? Either way I'm not sure I'd be interested in paying his asking price, but it would certainly be sweet.

I was being slightly sarcastic. It would be a act of congress to get him to sign it.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Erich said:
Topnotchsy said:
Erich said:

I was being slightly sarcastic. It would be a act of congress to get him to sign it.
I kind of figured as he's pretty much a recluse, though I have heard of his signing through TTM's to the Dodgers. Not sure if he's done so recently, but I have heard of/seen success stories going that route (of course that is not an option with this.)

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
His Youkilis is outstanding. His Lincecum and Pablo really look like just a painting.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Topnotchsy said:
Erich said:
Topnotchsy said:
Erich said:

I kind of figured as he's pretty much a recluse, though I have heard of his signing through TTM's to the Dodgers. Not sure if he's done so recently, but I have heard of/seen success stories going that route (of course that is not an option with this.)

He is exclusive to UD and his appearance fee for a show is $250,000

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
I may be able to have Koufax sign it, if you're interested. This would be through Upper Deck (& therefor not cheap). Let me know if I can look into it for you.

Beautiful piece, btw.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Warren's All Stars said:
I may be able to have Koufax sign it, if you're interested. This would be through Upper Deck (& therefor not cheap). Let me know if I can look into it for you.

Beautiful piece, btw.
I very much appreciate the offer. Right now I am not sure I can even consider it based on how much it would cost, but it would be pretty sweet.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
I want him to do one with Beltran/Clemente but I dont have the cash :cry:

How much more does he charge if you add more then 1 player?
I have not asked, though I got responses quickly when I contacted him through his site.

Jan 15, 2009
Topnotchsy said:
thenumberonemetfan said:

I have not asked, though I got responses quickly when I contacted him through his site.
Ya, you can just email him through his site and he will usually respond within 24 hours.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
GiantsSuperCollector said:
Topnotchsy said:
thenumberonemetfan said:

Ya, you can just email him through his site and he will usually respond within 24 hours.

Really? I emailed him over a week ago and never got any response.

Members online

Latest posts