Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Zenith Baseball "Dare To Tear" Any Good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loyalty32

Dec 7, 2008
Since I'm only an Andre Dawson Collector and I know some of you folks are experts on the 90's Inserts, I figured I'd ask here. Are the 1998 Zenith "Dare To Tear Packs" worth picking up at $2.00 each. Is there anything in them? I appreciate any info!

Thanks
Craig

98ZenithD2T.jpg

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i got a green epix jeter with a print run of 30 back then, got serious bank for it at the time

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
I have quite a few still untorn (or cut, really. Comon practice is to use a razor blade/Xacto knife to cut a slit in the back to get the card out) but never got much from the ones I cut open. Sometimes I wonder if I cut open the Alex Rodriguez if there's something good in there, or just another Andres Gallaraga.

Loyalty32

Dec 7, 2008
Thanks for all the comments folks. I was hoping I found a nice little "pot-o-gold". I'm sure I'll open this up soon and most likely "tear" them since there is no Dawson in there.
Thanks
Craig

*KLARNOLD - Thanks for asking but I was able to pick up one about a year or so ago out of the Beckett Market Place for $1.20!

Loyalty32

Dec 7, 2008
Not a bad pack!

Derek Jeter 5 x 7 Z15
Sammy Sosa 5 x 7 Z54
Larry Walker Impulse 5 x 7 Z42

Corners are a little rough. I guess thats to be expected from an 11-year old jumbo product though. Now the real question...

Dare to Tear?

Thanks
Craig

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I had gotten a lot of these awhile ago and sliced one of them and got a Tino Martinez Z-Silver. It is the only one I have ever opened.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
$2 a pack is kind of pricey for these. I bought 5 boxes a few months ago for $50. Really fun to rip. I ripped a Jeter Gold.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
busted about 40 boxes a couple years ago for about 10 dollars a piece. insert cards are always in the middle, whether its the jumbo or small insert. if you get a jumbo insert (gold or silver impulse) it doesnt have an insert inside. If its a jumbo z-team, they either have rookie z-teams (9-18) or z-team golds (1-18) (regular z-teams (1-9) are in regular jumbos)). did this confuse anyone. either way, you got an jumbo insert and it doesnt have anything inside (and of course the 2 outside cards dont either)

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
boomo said:
i got a green epix jeter with a print run of 30 back then, got serious bank for it at the time

i just checked ebay, and burbank actually has the green jeter epix at 39.00 !!
seems like a steal, but i am nervous buying from them

Members online

Latest posts