Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question: 2009 Topps U&H Target Legends vs. Legends Gold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I have a question about the Target and Wal-Mart exclusive cards that I was hoping you guys could help me out with. According to Beckett, here are the Rickey Henderson Target Legends that are available:

2009 Topps Target Legends Rickey #LLG21 $2.50
2009 Topps Target Legends Gold #LLG21 $4.00

All of the auctions that I've seen have listed the Legends as "Gold" since the borders are gold in color vs. the green in the regular release. But, unless Beckett is wrong (which is definitely possible), I have no idea what the difference between these two is.

2009 Topps Target Legends Platinum #LLG21

Am I correct in thinking that the Platinum is a #1/1?

2009 Topps Legends Chrome Target Cereal #LLG21
2009 Topps Legends Chrome Target Cereal Gold Refractors #LLG21
2009 Topps Legends Chrome Target Cereal Refractors #LLG21

Once the cereal boxes are released (I haven't seen any yet), these three should be fairly easy to figure out.

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys can provide! If anyone happens to have any of the Rickey Henderson's from 2009 Topps U&H, please let me know, and I'm sure we can work something out.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Here's one I pulled for Target Packs. No Green to my eyes on it; looks pretty brown to me, but the foil is gold, and the numbering is LLG-21.

rickey.jpg

If you need it, PM me you address.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think that not all the Legends Platinums are 1/1s - I believe only the ones with autos are, and those are numbered 1/1 on the bottom front.
LGA%20FT%20Frank%20Thomas.jpg

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Thanks for the help so far guys! Beckett lists the Wal-Mart legends Platinum as a #1/1, and says that the Target Legends Platinum is serial numbered, but does not list a print run.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Topps is definitely not making things easy :) I believe the last cards that you posted are the Wal-Mart base Legends, which unlike the Gold border of the Target cards, the Wal-Mart cards have a Platinum border. So, I guess that means in the case of Wal-Mart, there's a Platinum parallel of an already Platinum looking card!

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Does anyone have a regular and a gold of the same card from the Topps U&H Target or Wal-Mart sets that they can post side by side? I'd really like to figure out the difference between the two.

Plus, if there are any Rickey Henderson's out there, I'm definitely interested!

Members online

Latest posts