Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

98 Topps Gold Label Home Run Race Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Looking for some clarity here as I rely on baseballcardpedia for information when I'm not familiar with a set.

Baseballcardpedia states that the 1998 Topps Gold Label inserts Home Run Race, that the red parallel is serial numbered to 61.

I've seen several red Griffey, McGwire, Sosa... none of them are serial numbered. Is the pedia wrong? Anyone have any idea what the print run was if the pedia is wrong?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I've seen a post about these,can't find it
I'm pretty sure there are some that were not numbered both are pack issued
Any other help out there?

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Thanks, looking to buy one, *think* I'm getting a good price but the card is not serial numbered. I've actually never seen a serial numbered one, even after a google image search. So just checking with the experts here on their opinions.

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I bought an unnumbered McGwire a couple years back. I thought it was cool but sat on eBay with no one buying it. Picked it up for a fraction of what the numbered ones go for, so I don’t think they command anywhere near what the numbered ones do.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

N

NazcaKhan

I looked at PWCC data and none of their photos show any numbering for the red labels. No image search turns up any numbered ones either. Given how infrequent they turn up for sale, I don’t think any were numbered on card. We have to assume they are all /61.

Joe

Aug 8, 2021
I have one - Roger maris 33/61 purchased it back in 1998 at a Walmart in Seffner Florida anyone know what this card is worth , 23 years ago I looked it up and it was worth $275 .

Joe

Aug 8, 2021
I have one - Roger maris 33/61 purchased it back in 1998 at a Walmart in Seffner Florida anyone know what this card is worth , 23 years ago I looked it up and it was worth $275

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I have one - Roger maris 33/61 purchased it back in 1998 at a Walmart in Seffner Florida anyone know what this card is worth , 23 years ago I looked it up and it was worth $275

Can you take pictures (or preferably scans) of it and post them here please?

Members online

Latest posts