Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you seen this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minpin

Dec 27, 2008
Manhattan
Nice story, but it's people like him that I hate this hobby sometimes. He knew he was holding the "real mccoy", but couldn't pay the $20 price tag that the vendor wanted.

Sick card none-the-less.

SKYWALKER

Aug 7, 2008
WILDCAT COUNTRY
minpin said:
Nice story, but it's people like him that I hate this hobby sometimes. He knew he was holding the "real mccoy", but couldn't pay the $20 price tag that the vendor wanted.

Sick card none-the-less.

20 k card and he still wanted 50% off :lol: :lol: :lol:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
UNREAL.....

All I can say is wooooooooooowwwwwwwww

That is hilarious that he had the balls to negotiate with the guy even knowing he was about to make $20K on it.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Be8el0ve said:
What a find. He still managed to beat him down another five bucks. ::facepalm::
I thought the same think. I normally do not like to say or think this but I hope the Guy loses the card somehow :|

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I've had people tell me they had $xx money on them and then pay with a friggin' $20 bill. Hopefully, this guy wasn't that dumb to do such a thing.

I can't blame one party or the other; the seller should have known what he was selling and the buyer, well, paid $10 for a Mantle RC.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Be8el0ve said:
What a find. He still managed to beat him down another five bucks. ::facepalm::
I thought the same think. I normally do not like to say or think this but I hope the Guy loses the card somehow :|
Yea right knew that the card was valuble and he still got it for $5 less “It was just dumb luck” I also hope he loses it somehow :D

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
whats with all the self rightous attitudes toward this on here? would it have been better if he payed the whole $20 knowing what he was getting? I doubt anyone on this thread would balk at paying $20 or less if you could for that card.. nobody is that morally strong to sit here and type that they would have told the guy that the card could fetch $20k easily so there is no way that I could buy it for $20...

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
What a bunch of haters - kind of pathetic if you ask me. If that would've been you, you would've been bragging and making all kinds of posts about it.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
1st4040 said:
whats with all the self rightous attitudes toward this on here? would it have been better if he payed the whole $20 knowing what he was getting? I doubt anyone on this thread would balk at paying $20 or less if you could for that card.. nobody is that morally strong to sit here and type that they would have told the guy that the card could fetch $20k easily so there is no way that I could buy it for $20...

It's the principle of the thing. The ultimate in pouring salt in another's wounds.

LaneyB

Aug 7, 2008
North Carolina
JEA2880 said:
1st4040 said:

It's the principle of the thing. The ultimate in pouring salt in another's wounds.

It's the same thing as a "steal" on ebay.

Members online

Latest posts