Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thinking of an odd collectible - Sealed Redemption Mailers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Since the 2008 Draft Chrome Redemptions are clearly labeled as to what card is inside, i can actually imagine a market 20 years from now where a sealed never opened copy could someday be worth even more than a perfectly centered, visible copy.

Crazy you say?

If you follow other types of collectibles or really any kind of collecting, the one thing that trumps everything else is rarity. (assuming of course that the item or category in question already has demand).

True rarity.

Truly unique.

I'm keeping my redemptions sealed.

Who the heck else would think to do that?

Just kidding, I'm opening it.

Or am I?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Mudcatsfan said:
Since the 2008 Draft Chrome Redemptions are clearly labeled as to what card is inside, i can actually imagine a market 20 years from now where a sealed never opened copy could someday be worth even more than a perfectly centered, visible copy.

Crazy you say?

If you follow other types of collectibles or really any kind of collecting, the one thing that trumps everything else is rarity. (assuming of course that the item or category in question already has demand).

True rarity.

Truly unique.

I'm keeping my redemptions sealed.

Who the heck else would think to do that?

Just kidding, I'm opening it.

Or am I?
You are and you know you will be the one buying the unopened ones 20 years from now also :D

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
CURSES!!! (you're probably right) ::facepalm::

It occured to me when reconnecting with my star wars toys from days gone by.

People pay more for sealed items than open ones....even the space ships in cardboard boxes....

You cant SEE the item,,,,,you dont even REALLY know if its in there......yet it costs 10 times as much in a sealed box.

craziness.

Jul 30, 2009
Mudcatsfan said:
CURSES!!! (you're probably right) ::facepalm::

It occured to me when reconnecting with my star wars toys from days gone by.

People pay more for sealed items than open ones....even the space ships in cardboard boxes....

You cant SEE the item,,,,,you dont even REALLY know if its in there......yet it costs 10 times as much in a sealed box.

craziness.

I was a pretty big SW collector myself and the SW boxes and packages look a little better than an envelope :lol:

Members online

Latest posts