Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this gold ref ending price a bit low...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
O/C- won’t BGS 9.5/PSA 10
Seller had a slabbed copy up @ the same time, so that likely depreciated the price somewhat as people know this 1 is likely not “gem mint”
He’s “old” in the prospect world (main buyers of BC/BCDP)- think Carlos Quentin last year or Carlos Gonzalez this year. Prospects have roughly 1-3 years after release to “make it in the bigs”. If it takes any longer, their cards usually don’t appreciate much, even if the player has a great season.
ROY hype doesn’t have the same price spike as it used to- unless someone goes totally nuts/pulls a Braun…which happens every once in a blue moon. Not sure people think of Happ as being comparable to Braun’s performance- or Longo’s hype.
Phillies…no matter how good they are, they just don’t have the same nutty- er, devoted- fans as the yanks, sox, etc. Put happ on the Yanks + that card likely would’ve fetched more.
Down market/economy

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
rainmanesq said:
Seller had a slabbed copy up @ the same time, so that likely depreciated the price somewhat as people know this 1 is likely not “gem mint”
He’s “old” in the prospect world (main buyers of BC/BCDP)- think Carlos Quentin last year or Carlos Gonzalez this year. Prospects have roughly 1-3 years after release to “make it in the bigs”. If it takes any longer, their cards usually don’t appreciate much, even if the player has a great season.
ROY hype doesn’t have the same price spike as it used to- unless someone goes totally nuts/pulls a Braun…which happens every once in a blue moon. Not sure people think of Happ as being comparable to Braun’s performance- or Longo’s hype.
Phillies…no matter how good they are, they just don’t have the same nutty- er, devoted- fans as the yanks, sox, etc. Put happ on the Yanks + that card likely would’ve fetched more.
Down market/economy

Actually, the seller didn't have a slabbed copy up at the same time. The seller just listed his PSA 10 gold. This same card in raw condition got $70+ a few months ago.

The seller is just a *********.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Jeff N. said:
leatherman said:
Love this in the listing, Jeff:

Great Investment piece of the 2009 NL Rookie of the Year and 2 time World Series Champion! :)

One can dream. Still have a chance to be 50% right.

Well, if he wins ROY, he still has another 15 years or so to make the whole statement true.

On a related note, I wonder if the buyer could file "Item Not as Described" because of that statement. If so, I might just give up ebay.

d

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Jeff N. said:
rainmanesq said:
Down market/economy

Actually, the seller didn't have a slabbed copy up at the same time. The seller just listed his PSA 10 gold. This same card in raw condition got $70+ a few months ago.

The seller is just a *********.

Ah, my goof jeff. I just quickly searched happ bgs/psa + saw that you had 1 up, so figured it had been listed @ the same time as the raw. Sometimes cards go for less, sometimes they go for more. it probably hit 70 mos. ago b/c the WS dreams were still alive + holidays weren't right around the corner.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
rainmanesq said:
Down market/economy

Oh yeah,,,,,
well,,,,,,
I bet you can't come up with an ELEVENTH good reason.

sheesh.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
rainmanesq said:
Down market/economy

Oh yeah,,,,,
well,,,,,,
I bet you can't come up with an ELEVENTH good reason.

sheesh.

well, I don’t think ‘I hate phillies b/c they killed my dodgers this year’ is a good enough reason :lol:

Just throwing the possibilities out there. Sometimes cards go for more, sometimes they go for less..it’s the gamble you take w/auctions. Sometimes there’s a reason (or a guesstimate/theory), sometimes “who knows” is the reason.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I was very impressed with the completeness of your answer.

It reminded me of Old School where Will Ferrell debated James Carville.

Dean Pritchard: Topic number one. What is your position on the role of government in supporting innovation in the field of biotechnology?
James Carville: Well Dean, I'm? I'm glad that you asked that question...
Frank: Uhhh... Actually, I'd like to jump in and take that one Jimmy, If you don't mind.
James Carville: Have at it, Hoss.
Frank: [Frank takes a drink of water, makes a funny face and grunts] Recent research has shown that empirical evidence for globalization of corporate innovation is very limited and as a corollary the market for technologies is shrinking. As a world leader, it's important for America to provide systematic research grants for our scientists. I believe strongly there will always be a need for us to have a well articulated innovation policy with emphasis on human resource development. Thank you.
Frank: [Frank grunts, makes a face and goes limp]
[audience applauds]
Frank: What happened? I blacked out
Dean Pritchard: That was interesting. ha ha. Thank you very much. And, uh, your rebuttal? Mr. Carville.
James Carville: Oh... It... We... have no response. That was perfect.
Frank: That's the way you do it! That's the way you debate!

(in this example, you are Frank the Tank) :)

Members online