Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards that have spiked recently (how much, and why)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Figured I'd get a post going with cards that have spiked recently so that people can list their own (if they so choose) or just get a picture of the market and what happens during the offseason.

Feel free (read: please) to add the one's you've noticed

1999 Topps Traded CC Sabathia Auto: Not sure what it was getting before (think around $60 or so) but it's getting $125 now after the Yanks signed him. His spike has lasted longer than Arod's did when he signed, and it's been far more apparent than players like Damon. Not sure exactly why, though I imagine it's the combination of having just 1 RC Auto (and having one,) coming from a smaller market.

1999 Topps Traded AJ Burnett Auto: Was $10 if that much, now $40+. Obviously NY is playing a huge roll in the market, a larger roll than I have ever seen.

edit: For those sharing, if you could include numbers and any reasons you might think caused the increase.

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008
Re: Cards that have spiked recently

Zach Collier..see jaypers sig... :| ..not happy.... :cry:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

dchurg said:
How much has it jumped? Has there been something specific driving up the price?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

Topnotchsy said:
dchurg said:

Yep. It's clearly my fault. [ebay:153ys5fw]270314500565[/ebay:153ys5fw]

dchurg

Aug 11, 2008

Jaypers said:
Topnotchsy said:
dchurg said:

Yep. It's clearly my fault. [ebay:2h14pg40]270314500565[/ebay:2h14pg40]
That was a $4 card last week...and it isnt your "fault" it is not like you did anything..it is just what happened...

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky

Jaypers said:
Topnotchsy said:
dchurg said:

Yep. It's clearly my fault. [ebay:3bpbeg3w]270314500565[/ebay:3bpbeg3w]

I'm hoping these will fall to $7-8 dlvd soon, and I may stash up.

Aaron Hicks for the #1 twins spot and Maybin comps
Donavan Tate as Wossa has learned the name.
USA cards priced in the big boys section (you all know what they are) because people are knowing more about them.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
kentuckyderby said:
If JP bid 50 cents on a bag of poop, someone else will bid 75 cents on next auction

JP should get a 2nd account for bidding only and not display his sig

I'll get right on that, dad.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
There are so many sheeps on this board, it's crazy...c'mon guys, can't you not use your own brain to pick which players to prospect?

This reminds me of the thread from yesterday when a board member said it was "too much work" to pick a player to prospect and wanted someone to feed him names... :?

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
bballcardkid said:
I have no respect for people who follow others accounts and prospect on other users knowledge.

Believe me. It is done. Just thru PMs and instant messaging I know of a few people who do exactly that. Wasn't trying to tell JP what to do, was more trying to say that it is being done and some need own brain.

Sidenote, JP. Not your dad....wouldn't mind being distant in-law cousin of yours based on the photo of cousin :cool:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:
There are so many sheeps on this board, it's crazy...c'mon guys, can't you not use your own brain to pick which players to prospect?

So says the person who has a database of prospectors' Ebay ID's and addresses

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Messier2 said:

So says the person who has a database of prospectors' Ebay ID's and addresses

ID's and addresses...um...no...that would not be me... :?

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008

bballcardkid said:
Jaypers said:
Topnotchsy said:
dchurg said:

Yep. It's clearly my fault. [ebay:134ujb1q]270314500565[/ebay:134ujb1q]

I'm hoping these will fall to $7-8 dlvd soon, and I may stash up.

Aaron Hicks for the #1 twins spot and Maybin comps
Donavan Tate as Wossa has learned the name.
USA cards priced in the big boys section (you all know what they are) because people are knowing more about them.

What "the Big Boys section"? I haven't used a price guide for awhile now (since Beckett has no bearing on my hobby marketplace where I buy/sell : "Ebay", I really have no use for the price guide's therefore I'm now pretty priceguide illiterate). I'm guessing you mean that Beckett has listed the USA's with the regular issue's & not in the back with the minor league stuff? Please let me know as I seriously would like to know why there has been a small uptick as of late in the USA pricing? I was doing great not even 2 weeks ago picking the top guy's up for $10-$15 dlvd & now there has been a jump closer to $20+, although I really believe Razor has a large hand in this as buyer's are searching thier player's name's & "poof" USA on-card auto's appear with the Razor stuff; which will obviously bring about an upswing in price.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
I remember this guy kept asking me who to buy, every time he saw me at a card show.

Finally, I got annoyed and I told him Peter Kozma is a great investment. Two weeks later, I see him at another show, and he has a box full of Kozma chrome autos. He told me he dropped a little over $500 on Kozma's.

Funny.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
kruzie3 said:
Pablo Sandoval's EEE auto.. I bought his auto #/100 for $19.50 last week and the last 2 have ended $34.99 and $39.88

Yea, I noticed this also.

Maybe because of this?
Giants manager Bruce Bochy has Pablo Sandoval penciled into the third spot in his current lineup.
Bochy is looking at a lineup of: RF Randy Winn, SS Edgar Renteria, 3B Sandoval, C Bengie Molina, LF Fred Lewis, CF Aaron Rowand, 1B Travis Ishikawa and the second baseman (Kevin Frandsen, Emmanuel Burriss or Eugenio Velez). Renteria will help, but that'd still be the worst lineup in the NL, and we still have a hard time seeing what it is that Ishikawa did to get penciled in over John Bowker or Nate Schierholtz, who clearly deserves a shot at first base if the Giants aren't going to make room for him in the outfield.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
Nick1190 said:
I remember this guy kept asking me who to buy, every time he saw me at a card show.

Finally, I got annoyed and I told him Peter Kozma is a great investment. Two weeks later, I see him at another show, and he has a box full of Kozma chrome autos. He told me he dropped a little over $500 on Kozma's.

Funny.

LOL, watch Kozma become a star ;)

kruzie3

Sep 25, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
AKA Coastal said:
kruzie3 said:
Pablo Sandoval's EEE auto.. I bought his auto #/100 for $19.50 last week and the last 2 have ended $34.99 and $39.88

Yea, I noticed this also.

Maybe because of this?
Giants manager Bruce Bochy has Pablo Sandoval penciled into the third spot in his current lineup.
Bochy is looking at a lineup of: RF Randy Winn, SS Edgar Renteria, 3B Sandoval, C Bengie Molina, LF Fred Lewis, CF Aaron Rowand, 1B Travis Ishikawa and the second baseman (Kevin Frandsen, Emmanuel Burriss or Eugenio Velez). Renteria will help, but that'd still be the worst lineup in the NL, and we still have a hard time seeing what it is that Ishikawa did to get penciled in over John Bowker or Nate Schierholtz, who clearly deserves a shot at first base if the Giants aren't going to make room for him in the outfield.

Mabey that's it, idk... but Im glad I could get a good flip from it possibly

Members online

Latest posts