Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

09 Bowman Chrome Retail Break- Interesting story and break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
I went to Target today and saw the box there. Normally they do not sell sealed boxes and it is just by the pack. I happened to see a sealed Retail Bowman Chrome Box and said, wow, I wonder how much it is. I go to the checkout counter and they say it does not show up in the system. The cashier goes "how much are you ok with". My reply was I honestly don't know. She said how about $5. Immediatly I was thinking this can't be right, but I said sure why not. So thats the story which follows with a very nice break

24 Packs (Retail)

Tyson Jackson X-Fractor RC /250
Pat White RC
Johnny Knox RC
Josh Freeman RC
Patrick Turner Green REF RC /99
Michael Crabtree RC
Marion Barber III Gold REF /50
Matt Stafford REF RC

And the 1:1,025 pack hit

Mike Wallace Auto RC

All FT. Thanks for the look and read

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
So you took the box for 5 bucks knowing that it was supposed to be way more than that? I mean come on, you know the packs are atleast 2.97 or something like that per, and there were 24 in there so it would be 71.28 plus tax. I hate it when people brag about **** like this. And before you go and say I would do the same thing.......no I wouldn't. I work retail and I can't stand people that try to get something for nothing. I had this happen to me one time with a box of 06 Bowman Chrome Baseball. The cashier rang it up and it didn't scan. She was gonna charge me the price per pack and I told her that it wasn't right. I paid my full box price and ended up hitting a Kenji Johjima xfractor auto which was a 1:25000 odds card. SO yeah, karma was on my side. I hope you're happy with your haul. Next time, do the right thing and pay the right price. Who knows, it could hold a Stafford or Sanchez superfractor auto.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Wow. I'm not going to make any judgment on character or anything - I just can't believe a cashier would just make up a price. :lol: That is pretty crazy, especially when it seems the box was just mistakenly put out without being unwrapped. Guess it turned out to be a pretty good deal.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
rymflaherty said:
Wow. I'm not going to make any judgment on character or anything - I just can't believe a cashier would just make up a price. :lol: That is pretty crazy, especially when it seems the box was just mistakenly put out without being unwrapped. Guess it turned out to be a pretty good deal.

I am pretty sure there is a sticker on the box that says something like "sell per pack". I remember when I went through this, the sticker had information that stated that they were not supposed to ring up as a single pack but rather as a full box.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
blanning71 said:
rymflaherty said:

I am pretty sure there is a sticker on the box that says something like "sell per pack". I remember when I went through this, the sticker had information that stated that they were not supposed to ring up as a single pack but rather as a full box.
This box did not have that. There was a sticker that said "Target Exclusive". Not sure why it would be a "Target Exclusive" since it looks like a regular retail box

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
blanning71 said:
So you took the box for 5 bucks knowing that it was supposed to be way more than that? I mean come on, you know the packs are atleast 2.97 or something like that per, and there were 24 in there so it would be 71.28 plus tax. I hate it when people brag about shat like this. And before you go and say I would do the same thing.......no I wouldn't. I work retail and I can't stand people that try to get something for nothing. I had this happen to me one time with a box of 06 Bowman Chrome Baseball. The cashier rang it up and it didn't scan. She was gonna charge me the price per pack and I told her that it wasn't right. I paid my full box price and ended up hitting a Kenji Johjima xfractor auto which was a 1:25000 odds card. SO yeah, karma was on my side. I hope you're happy with your haul. Next time, do the right thing and pay the right price. Who knows, it could hold a Stafford or Sanchez superfractor auto.

Ahhh can the boy scout stuff. If the lady gave him the price and he paid it then its not his fault.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Ryo1549 said:
blanning71 said:
So you took the box for 5 bucks knowing that it was supposed to be way more than that? I mean come on, you know the packs are atleast 2.97 or something like that per, and there were 24 in there so it would be 71.28 plus tax. I hate it when people brag about shat like this. And before you go and say I would do the same thing.......no I wouldn't. I work retail and I can't stand people that try to get something for nothing. I had this happen to me one time with a box of 06 Bowman Chrome Baseball. The cashier rang it up and it didn't scan. She was gonna charge me the price per pack and I told her that it wasn't right. I paid my full box price and ended up hitting a Kenji Johjima xfractor auto which was a 1:25000 odds card. SO yeah, karma was on my side. I hope you're happy with your haul. Next time, do the right thing and pay the right price. Who knows, it could hold a Stafford or Sanchez superfractor auto.

Ahhh can the boy scout stuff. If the lady gave him the price and he paid it then its not his fault.

Sorry Nate, I have some strong feelings about this. It is what it is though. Nothing can be done about it. I just don't like someone that plays innocent and naive and just says, "Oh gosh, 5 dollars? Hmm, well I think I can do that".....knowing damn good and well that they are walking out with a steal. Where on earth would you get a FULL box of a new product for 5 bucks? This isn't a shot at the OP, just my take on situations like this. I have voiced my opinions about this before when it was discussed. Sorry to ruffle your feathers.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow, Josh, Dude you know that was wrong and yes you should be flamed for it.

Now on a side note, this happens more times then not Brain, I was at walmart the other day
and a guy comes up with a box of cards, almost like this guy I was 3rd person behind him,
The young lady scans it and nothing she tries again nothing, so she calls the front end supervisor
and she try's, again nothing, so she says just get a blaster ( she did not actaully call it that) but the kid
goes right behind her cards are right near this register.
They scan the blaster which turns out to be only 9.99, 50% off was what she grabbed and the guys does not even say anything but is like wow really and smiles real big, looks at me and puts his hands up like wow, I did not enough it was that cheap. I was really going to say dude you know this is not even 9.99, but I do not because, I've seen this pack searching bastard there before and he almost beat some guy, when the guy said he know he was searching packs.

He pays for the box and almost runs out of the store, really as I get up there all I say to the kid and the supervisor
those are not sold by the box they are per pack, so you to just let go something go for 1/7 of the real price.
So if you rang it up by the pack it would be 75 bucks plus tax, but you let him have it for only 10 and some change.

And I just pay for my stuff and walk away.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I know what you're saying PT. I know it happens alot. I just guess I'm really sensitive to it because I work for a large retailer and I see this sort of stuff happen all the time. My mentality is, hey, this isn't a flea market. We have prices marked and stuff that sells for a certain price point. Don't start trying to haggle with me on price. And if you know that something is supposed to be *** amount, don't try to pass it off for a much less amount when you get to the register. Again, I know it happens all the time, its just a peeve of mine.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
blanning71 said:
I know what you're saying PT. I know it happens alot. I just guess I'm really sensitive to it because I work for a large retailer and I see this sort of stuff happen all the time. My mentality is, hey, this isn't a flea market. We have prices marked and stuff that sells for a certain price point. Don't start trying to haggle with me on price. And if you know that something is supposed to be *** amount, don't try to pass it off for a much less amount when you get to the register. Again, I know it happens all the time, its just a peeve of mine.
Was I know what your saying Brain seems people just don't care about morals anymore.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
I was in Home Depot getting a nozzle for the hose. It was just a little tiny one that I needed and I had my oldest son w/ me who at the time was 2 and insane.

I had an armful of crap w/ me so I apparently put it in my pocket. I didn't notice until I got home. The next day I tried to take it back and pay for it (3 bucks) and the manager said to not worry about it. I was buying 500-1000.00 worth of stuff a week and had been for months. They saw me everyday and didn't figure I'd try stealing from them.

I have no idea why I told this story. Sometimes it pays to be honest I guess. If you didn't know and got the product that cheap, it's one thing. Who knows though. I like getting a good steal on a single here and there.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
blanning71 said:
Ryo1549 said:
blanning71 said:

Sorry Nate, I have some strong feelings about this. It is what it is though. Nothing can be done about it. I just don't like someone that plays innocent and naive and just says, "Oh gosh, 5 dollars? Hmm, well I think I can do that".....knowing damn good and well that they are walking out with a steal. Where on earth would you get a FULL box of a new product for 5 bucks? This isn't a shot at the OP, just my take on situations like this. I have voiced my opinions about this before when it was discussed. Sorry to ruffle your feathers.

Lol you didnt ruffle my feathers I am just stating my opinion.

In this hard world we live in we can sometimes come across good breaks. This seems to be one of them. If you list a card wrong and someone wins it for cheaper than its worth do you think they will tell you that? "Oh just relist it and be sure to say this next time" Hell no. You wouldn't either that way. That is same instance as this. If someone gives you a price on it and you pay for it then thats that. Its basically get in where you fit in I suppose. If you can catch a break sometime, then do it, no one else will look out for you.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
justinmandawg said:
I was in Home Depot getting a nozzle for the hose. It was just a little tiny one that I needed and I had my oldest son w/ me who at the time was 2 and insane.

I had an armful of crap w/ me so I apparently put it in my pocket. I didn't notice until I got home. The next day I tried to take it back and pay for it (3 bucks) and the manager said to not worry about it. I was buying 500-1000.00 worth of stuff a week and had been for months. They saw me everyday and didn't figure I'd try stealing from them.

I have no idea why I told this story. Sometimes it pays to be honest I guess. If you didn't know and got the product that cheap, it's one thing. Who knows though. I like getting a good steal on a single here and there.

I've done the same, I walked out with a bag of chips from the self checkout got to my car and realized i didn't pay for it. I went back in to pay for it and they sure as hell charged me. What did I gain out of that? A feeling like i did something right and $3 less in my pocket. :)

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
When my girlfriend and I were at the Puyallup fair, I bought her a drink. The drink was 4.50. Gave this little old lady a $20 and she handed me my change. I was halfway across the fair when I looked at my change and saw she gave me back $20.50. I walked back over and gave her the money. Does that make me a wonderful person? Nope.

I went to a K-Mart and grabbed all 7 of the 2007 Topps DPP blasters they had. They rung up for 3.99 each. I paid my total and walked out. Does that make me a horrible person? Nope.

Life is what it is. Not sure where I was going with this...It's late.

Great break! If you don't want that Curry, I'm the guy to unload it to!

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
seahawks4ever said:
When my girlfriend and I were at the Puyallup fair, I bought her a drink. The drink was 4.50. Gave this little old lady a $20 and she handed me my change. I was halfway across the fair when I looked at my change and saw she gave me back $20.50. I walked back over and gave her the money. Does that make me a wonderful person? Nope.

I went to a K-Mart and grabbed all 7 of the 2007 Topps DPP blasters they had. They rung up for 3.99 each. I paid my total and walked out. Does that make me a horrible person? Nope.

Life is what it is. Not sure where I was going with this...It's late.

Great break! If you don't want that Curry, I'm the guy to unload it to!

at 3.99 you still overpaid for the Topps DPP blasters.

Members online

Latest posts