Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Greinke Wins AL Cy Young

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I got an IP autograph from him while he was on his comeback trail in AA...it is my favorite IP behind my Tulo's. I really hope he has a long, successful, and healthy career.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Good job by the BBWAA on this one. Not surprising that the one vote for Verlander came from Michigan.

And congrats to Halladay on his 4th top 5 finish. Alas, probably his last as a Jay.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
donrusscrusademan said:
GiantsSuperCollector said:
He won it with almost all the votes!

top 3 was actually correct this year for a change IMO

Agreed

Pretty much impossible to argue against Greinke for this award, the way he started 2009 was unbelievable and he continued to dominate throughout the season. Still would have been cool to see what he could have done on a winning team.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
colts1888 said:
congrats to him

does anyone know who top 10 were

not sure about 6-10 but 1-5 was Greinke, Hernandez, Verlander, Sabathia, Halladay

There was no 6-10. For Cy Young, the voters only vote 1-2-3. Those five received all 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place votes.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Where are the naysayer's now? I remember earlier on in the year we had a discussion over Greinke & several member's said he'd fizzle, etc....I believe there was even a bet/wager between 2 member's pertaining to Greinke's success?!?! :D

Members online

Latest posts