Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Jay Cutler the next Daunte Culpepper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Once Culpepper lost Randy Moss he was never the same QB... I know he got injured... but he should be healthy by now.... but still sucks as a QB.

And now that Jay Cutler lost Brandon Marshall and Mike Shanahans system.... he is no where near the QB he was.... tonights game he had what all QBs dream about... wide open WRs who were behind the defense and Cutler over threw the ball all three times.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Jay Cutler IS the real deal! You just wait until he gets one NFL caliber WR, you'll see.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
i honestly dont think cutler was anything close to what daunte was during culpeppers good years

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
KOBEARODLT said:
i honestly dont think cutler was anything close to what daunte was during culpeppers good years

no, not even close. Daunte had several dominant years more than Cutler has, Cutler has done nothing in the NFL so far.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
G $MONEY$ said:
KOBEARODLT said:

no, not even close. Daunte had several dominant years more than Cutler has, Cutler has done nothing in the NFL so far.

I agree here & have never been on the Cutler bandwagon (I am not sure why Cutler was crowned the next "big thing")! :? IMO it very well could have been Brandon Marshall & the Broncos system making him look good (by "looking good" I mean they made his hype level reach what it was that he was/is so highly regarded)...

BTW GMoney, I'm in love with that HOT chick in your sig...Do you know her or was this just a random clip that you saw & put in your sig??? (There's just something about her that makes me coo-coo for cocoa puffs! :lol: )

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Cutler is a whiney headcase, and everytime I see him throw a tantrum I think Jeebus that the Vikings didn't trade for him.

That being said, if he ever gets his head on straight, the sky truly could be the limit for him. Then again, the same could be said about Jeff George and look at how that turned out.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Didn't realize there were so many haters! Wow, half a bad season and everyone judges him on it. Just learning a new system, new stadium, new coach, has no WRs. Running game is not working because the line has been awful. If they fix that, watch out.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The Bears have two legitimate burners in Knox and Hester, but Hester will never be a receiver, and Knox is a rookie. Greg Olson is really the only constant option and with no running game the offense is a mess.

That said, Cutler blew a few balls that would have meant the game, but there is just a lack of confidence all around.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
bodiaz said:
Didn't realize there were so many haters! Wow, half a bad season and everyone judges him on it. Just learning a new system, new stadium, new coach, has no WRs. Running game is not working because the line has been awful. If they fix that, watch out.

To be fair, I didn't like him in Denver either. He just seems like a dink. Rocket arm, yes. But also a dink.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
This is a pure case of wasted talent.....Cutler has a lot of tools that he just hasnt been taught how to use......it would have been a different story if Cutler had someone, either a Veteran QB or a really good Head Coach/QB Coach, offensive coordinater, etc. that can help him.

Watching last nights game I am convinced the Bears have just told him to get rid of the ball out of bounds or put it so it cant be intercepted....

It also doesnt help that he is mainly backpeddling on most of his throws...he honestly looks scared out there. I dont think I saw one throw that Cutler threw with feet planted and his shoulders and arm moving forward and stepping into the throw. The only few plays he even looked anything like a decent QB is when they had him bootleg out.

Bears fans can blame the WRs and RBs if they want to, but a good QB makes his WR and RBs better (Manning, Brady, Brees, Favre) and Cutler just hasnt shown it. At least with Orton the Bears/Broncos have a guy that has GREAT game management. Bears need to take a look at getting Cutler some help coaching wise and a revamped O-line would probably help as well---until then the Bears will be mediocore at best...

TK

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
I think the reason why he over threw his wide outs is he is nervous he just needs to settle down and he cant explode. The guy has a cannon he needs to use it. I personaly think the bears was a bad team for him to go to from the git go. Jay has tremendous talent he just needs to use it right. Ive all ways like Jay i dont know why just the style he plays is one of the main reasons i guess.

Members online

Latest posts