Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have a question for you player collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Would you ever buy a counterfeit card of the player you collect evethough you know its a fake?

For instance: I collect Mattingly cards and I have a stamped "reprint" (its actually a counterfeit) 1984 D card which I bought for $2 knowing what it is.

For modern day players, I dont think this would be too much of a problem except for fake patches and backdoored stuff.

For Griffey collectors, would you buy his Moeller HS "cards" eventhough you know they are fake for $1 or 2?

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
No, I avoid anything fake, backdoored, non serial stamped, etc etc. I would rather wait for the real deal than waste money on something that I know is fake.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
EricChavezCollector3 said:
No, I avoid anything fake, backdoored, non serial stamped, etc etc. I would rather wait for the real deal than waste money on something that I know is fake.

on a side note, was just wondering, have you completed the 05 finest rainbow?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I collect counterfeits of my guy because, in my opinion, they have historical significance in regard to the evolution of Frank Thomas as collected player. I also like to look at the technology used and compare it to the real deal.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
011873 said:
Would you ever buy a counterfeit card of the player you collect evethough you know its a fake?

For instance: I collect Mattingly cards and I have a stamped "reprint" (its actually a counterfeit) 1984 D card which I bought for $2 knowing what it is.

For modern day players, I dont think this would be too much of a problem except for fake patches and backdoored stuff.

For Griffey collectors, would you buy his Moeller HS "cards" eventhough you know they are fake for $1 or 2?

When I collected Mattingly I had the same counterfeit 84 Donruss. So yes I would buy it. I also had a bunch of bogus 84 Nestle "Proofs".... lol.

nurvanna

Feb 18, 2009
phoenix, az
yeah i pick them up, if they come out. i think fakes and counterfeits are interesting items.
i bought this card knowing it was a forged autograph.
seriously, it's way too soon in his *career* for him to have fake autograph cards. there were 2 similar cards on ebay that i wanted to buy as well, however they ended well above my price for a joke novelty item. someone was taken on a brandon wood card - that's a joke within itself!

brandon_wood_2005bdp_fake_auto.jpg

Members online

Latest posts