Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MVP after week 12??

After Week 12, Who is the MVP?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If the Titans win out and make the playoffs, I think you really have to look at Chris Jonson.

Yes, Brees is amazing, but the rest of the team is performing well - especially the defense.

Manning is as Manning does.

Favre has a solid team around him as well.

CJ puts up huge numbers, and was his teams sole offensive producer, win or lose (until Vince Young started to pick up a bit). I think that CJ is hugely responsible for Vince Young's success as well. If you take CJ away from the Titans, they are a 1 win team at best. If you take the other guys from their team, they can still find a way to survive a bit.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
I honestly think if the Titans run the table and make the playoffs, Vince Young deserves MVP consideration.

You may say they are a 1-win team right now without Chris Johnson? They didn't win a game until Young took over, and they haven't lost since. Of course, have Johnson helps him.

I'm not saying Young should win if they do run the table, just saying he deserves consideration.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
cowboysrule48 said:
I honestly think if the Titans run the table and make the playoffs, Vince Young deserves MVP consideration.

You may say they are a 1-win team right now without Chris Johnson? They didn't win a game until Young took over, and they haven't lost since. Of course, have Johnson helps him.

I'm not saying Young should win if they do run the table, just saying he deserves consideration.
If Vince Young doesn't win the Comeback Player of the Year, then nothing in life makes sense.

I know that Young made the difference for them to win and all, but I think without Johnson, he wouldn't be winning.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Card Magnet said:
cowboysrule48 said:

If Vince Young doesn't win the Comeback Player of the Year, then nothing in life makes sense.

I know that Young made the difference for them to win and all, but I think without Johnson, he wouldn't be winning.

They probably wouldn't be 5-0 under Young without Johnson, no. But they were 0-6 with Johnson without Young.

Like I said, he probably shouldn't win the award, but if they win out he needs to be in the conversation.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
I picked Favre. I hate Favre.

Here is why.

He is an older QB that came to a new team. He has lead that team to exceed expectations. He hasn't played in many 4th quarters and he continues to play at a high level. He is second in completion percentage, Touchdowns, QB Rating etc. Sure he has a great team around him but what was that same team's record last year without him?

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I think Brees' outstanding performance lastnight is going to give him the lead in this poll but I had to put the Monday Night "hype" aside & go with P.Manning. It's a pretty simple decision IMO as all you have to do is take all 3 of the forementioned QB's from thier respective teams & then consider how that team fares without said QB... I think Peyton is hand's down the most valuable asset to his team as he has no running game & probably the weakest defense of said 3 team's (I know the Colts defense is putting up respectable number's but they are not performing at the level that the Saints & Vikings defense's are). I really like both Brees & Favre but thier team's would compete at a much higher level without them than that of the Colts. The Vikings have arguably the best running back in the NFL (no disrespect to C.Johnson) & you could say the same of thier defense also, as it is ranked up there at the top in most defensive categories. The Saints have a very productive 3-headed monster for thier running game & thier defense is right there up on top of the NFL leaderboard with the Vikings defense in defensive categories, so I'd think that the Saints, much like that of the Vikings, would be a very capable & productive team even without Brees or Favre! So although these two guy's deserve the mention, the credit they're receiving, & a definite pat on the back for thier contribution's; IMO they don't deserve the NFL's MVP award as that solely belongs to Peyton Manning!

Now, I'm taking into consideration that we're discussing the MVP award if it were handed out today (because if the Colts lose the rest of the way & the Saints/Vikings win-out, then obviously my opinion/decision changes). I also think there are other possibilities here in the near future to claim that MVP award as thier own if they continue winning, though IMO it would have to be a duo MVP award given to a QB & his RB (& the Titans would have to win out & go deep into the playoff's, if not winning the SuperBowl, for these 2 guy's to really beat out the 3 QB's we're discussing in this thread). And to be honest I'm not a big fan of the Titans, so that is saying ALOT if I'm giving thier top 2 player's prop's for thier production & collaberated effort! ;) :D

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
The Colt running game is terrible and the defense has been mixing and matching due to injuries. There is no way the Colts are unbeaten without Manning. That said I do feel that if the Titans make the playoffs we will be including VY and/or CJ in this discussion.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Like 2003 (?) with McNair and Manning.

Co-MVPs - Favre and Brees.

Or, if he hits 2000 yards, Chris Johnson and one of those two.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
MVP

The V = Valuable

Take Brett Favre off the Vikings and they are still a 10 win team that is playoff bound. They have Peterson and a Defense that is great.

Take Peyton Manning off the Colts and they would be a mediocre team at best... fighting week in and week out to finish 8-8. They have little to no running game.. and Peyton is working with a rookie WR and basically a rookie WR in Garcon.

My Vote... Peyton.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Bobby Carpenter should be considered. He has been giving opposing offenses a chance to win all season.

(I just had to do it Lol)

On a serious note now - Who do you guys thing the defensive MVP is?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
P_Manning 18 said:
MVP

The V = Valuable

Take Brett Favre off the Vikings and they are still a 10 win team that is playoff bound. They have Peterson and a Defense that is great.

Take Peyton Manning off the Colts and they would be a mediocre team at best... fighting week in and week out to finish 8-8. They have little to no running game.. and Peyton is working with a rookie WR and basically a rookie WR in Garcon.

My Vote... Peyton.
Peyton has Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark.

Take Brees off the Saints and you have 10 guys with names you've never heard of on the offense. Do you think Colston would be a well known name without what Brees did with him? Not to mention mediocre/sub par guys like Meachem, Henderson, Pierre Thomas, and the other WRs I can't think of off the top of my head.

Members online

Latest posts