Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What type of pen to use on a game used jersey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caseya10781

Aug 7, 2008
Tennessee
I plan on sending my first game used jersey to be signed tomorrow and didn't know what type of pen to use. I have all shades of Sharpie permanent markers but thought they might bleed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Casey

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I've had a few jerseys signed.

When I owned Chase Utley's first minor league jersey (BAtavia Muckdogs), I had him sign it in black sharpie. It looked fine for a few years when I sold it (for about $1,300. I still miss that jersey, I bought it directly from the team when Utley was a low level minor leaguer for $50).

I had Pat Burrell sign his rookie jersey in 2001. I know it was 2001 as the Phils were still in their old spring training stadium, and the SOB switched from 33 to 5 the next year (I had a 33 jersey). Had it signed in black sharpie, it's been washed quite a bit and still stays.

I also had Ryan Howard sign a jersey for me before he got huge in black sharpie. I've washed the jersey at least 30 times and the sig is starting to fade.

Finally, Cole Hamels signed two jerseys for me and my son and wrote a bit of info on them; I received them, I think, a year and a half ago. I haven't framed them yet, but they still look fine. I assume he wrote with a black sharpie.

042.jpg
045.jpg

Members online

Latest posts