Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would You Get This Red Refractor Signed?

Would You This Red Refractor Signed?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Spencer Havner is suppose to be coming to town sometime this month for a signing and I was thinking about getting this card signed in a red sharpie.

Some people have told me it would look pretty sweet signed in a red sharpie, which I agree. However others have argued that it would ruin the value of the card. However this is a $10 card and will never be anything more, so there really isn't any "value" to ruin.

So what do you guys think?

HavnerRed.jpg

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Reds in 2009 said:
Spencer Havner is suppose to be coming to town sometime this month for a signing and I was thinking about getting this card signed in a red sharpie.

Some people have told me it would look pretty sweet signed in a red sharpie, which I agree. However others have argued that it would ruin the value of the card. However this is a $10 card and will never be anything more, so there really isn't any "value" to ruin.

So what do you guys think?

HavnerRed.jpg

It depends... Since he has been seldom used in games for the Packers, this red refractor might be worth something in the future. If you want it in your PC forever, then it would be neat to have it signed.

To be honest with you, I don't see a strong future for Havner, so I rather have it signed in person and cherish the moment.

Bobby

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
yes but don't use a red sharpie, use a blue sharpie or staedler and make sure you prep the card well.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
mstng99tim said:
YES!!! Once you get it signed with a red sharpie, it will look SICK!!!!

Agreed.

Just do some testing first with other common chromes to make sure the auto won't bead up or anything. Not sure but I have heard of some type of eraser people go over the cards with for TTMs and stuff so the auto does not bleed.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Don't listen to what ANDYDUKE86 said. The red auto will look sweet and there's no need to "prep" your card, other than maybe rubbing your finger over the area you want the auto at. The auto won't bleed on this surface. I have a Holmes Sterling card (exact same surface) that I got singed and it looks nice to me.

holmessterlingauto.jpg

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Ryo1549 said:
Don't get it signed. IT does nothing for the value of it. The Red refractor rookie unsigned would be worth more in the long run.

This card will never be worth anything more than $10 in the long run.

I am leaning toward getting it signed.

the1mcjensen

Aug 7, 2008
if you are not selling it, i would get it signed. i have a printing plate(1/1) signed and i think it looks great

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I've seen some of the cards you've got signed, and they always look great. You've got a knack for using the right marker or something, because the autos are never bubbled/smudged, and show up clear as day.

Close the poll, get it signed, and show us when it's done ;)

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
get it signed, but you will have to prep it or it will turn out like crap. not sure why the holmes jersey signed alright, but that doesnt normally happen

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Topps uses Staedtler Lumocolor on their chrome cards so I would advise using that after prepping, if you are going to do it which I would still advise against.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Brad said:
Topps uses Staedtler Lumocolor on their chrome cards so I would advise using that after prepping, if you are going to do it which I would still advise against.
i dont think topps has chrome cards signed on-card? even with a staedtler im not sure it would look great

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
tikitomoka said:
Brad said:
i dont think topps has chrome cards signed on-card? even with a staedtler im not sure it would look great
in baseball bc they do, but im not shure if they prep it or not

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
jeff550 said:
tikitomoka said:
Brad said:
in baseball bc they do, but im not shure if they prep it or not
ah, im not familiar with baseball. i dont *think* they prep them, but im not for sure. i know some of panini's new products have on card autos that are bubbling a little (signed with staedtlers of course). i havent gotten an unprepped glossy card signed in-person with a staedtler one yet (only prepped ones), so i dont know for sure that they're gonna bubble but i strongly think they will

Members online

Latest posts