Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mayo red shenanigans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dinicon

Jun 30, 2009
Man, I just don't trust anyone these days. Check out these two auctions...

[ebay:2bh0ouae]270495073511[/ebay:2bh0ouae]
[ebay:2bh0ouae]190352350873[/ebay:2bh0ouae]

I think the first one is very suspect. The same seller also has other thick appearing autos up for sale:

[ebay:2bh0ouae]280432944501[/ebay:2bh0ouae]
[ebay:2bh0ouae]280432944463[/ebay:2bh0ouae]

Once again, I'm glad I found one I wanted very early. It would be easy to break open the sealed blue autos, clear the sig, and fake a red one. Too bad there are no distinctions whatsoever to prove you have a real short print.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
They were stupid to do to sticker autos anyway. Last years set was beautiful with on card autos on the mini cards.... now we go to stickers... wtg Topps!! You are my hero.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'm a firm believer in never trusting any dealer who also sells loose logo patches.

That said, there are some major red flags in the auctions listed, and perhaps some of his other listings.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Mayo really was a letdown of a set, this year. I wasn't doing much football last year, but I remember being impressed when I heard JoePa was going to have an auto in the set. Yes, we know how that turned out, but still having the autos on-card was very cool to me. Fast forward to this year, when it's a bastardized, B-quality version of A&G with sticker autos, and Topps pretty much provided Exhibit A for why they shouldn't make football cards for a while.

How bad is it? Shonn Greene autos are going pretty cheap on the Bay, and I won't even open the auctions to look at them. The only thing from that set I could have been interested in is a Rip Card of someone like Greene or Dallas Clark. But with them not in it, it's easy to hang onto my money.

Sorry to sidetrack from the original point of this post - yes, those do look shady. The red autos really should have been handled like their baseball counterparts.

dinicon

Jun 30, 2009
The McCoy went for $33.00 and the Coffee for $27.00. I guess it could have been worse for the buyers; still sucks to buy probable fakes.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
dinicon said:
The McCoy went for $33.00 and the Coffee for $27.00. I guess it could have been worse for the buyers; still sucks to buy probable fakes.

There's no "probable fake" with the McCoy, that is a CLEAR fake.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
all except the 2nd arefake. easiest way to tell is that the others are signed in a different pen (look at the thickness of the signatures) which is common on most fakes

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts