Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: Craigslist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
So many of you remember me getting smashed for like $500 on craigslist 2 years ago on a card deal and I swore I wouldn't use it again. Well, my interest got to me since the wife wants a new flat panel tv and I want a deal. So I found a 46' sharp aquous for $450...I said to myself...This is a scam or I got really lucky to find someone who needs to lose the tv quickly. I email the guy and he says I moved to Romania with the TV and goes on to explain this foolproof plan to assure my safety using DHL and he will cover shipping. I type "craigslist DHL SCAM" into search engine and of course everything he said was right there word for word on a scam page.

Not that I believed him but I wanted to have fun with this idiot for trying to scam me. I am currently awaiting a picture of him, holding a sign with the tv so I feel more "comfortable" about the deal. haha... The sign will say
TIGER WOODS 18th HOLE
Let's see if I can pull this off... Is it wrong of me to tell him everything has been documented and will be forwarded to police if he doesn't send me $1000 for pain and suffering for the anguish he has caused me? haha

These people need to be arrested

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
My gf and I were looking for a new couch, and have been looking for a few months. She texted me one day and said that she had found one on craigslist. We went and looked at it and it turned out that it belonged to someone that she used to work with. So we got a new couch and had the benefit of knowing the person, but there are deals to be had!

Crash Davis

Aug 19, 2008
There's a website called www.419eater.com.

Go visit. It shows pictures of Nigerian scammers holding up ridiculous signs and engaging in some of the funniest emails and letters with a baiting Westerner that you'll ever read.

I mean, this website is absolutely genius!

Happy reading!

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Crash Davis said:
There's a website called http://www.419eater.com.

Go visit. It shows pictures of Nigerian scammers holding up ridiculous signs and engaging in some of the funniest emails and letters with a baiting Westerner that you'll ever read.

I mean, this website is absolutely genius!

Happy reading!
You have been thanked for sharing this. I am laughing my ass off.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Craigslist isn't so bad. I've bought and sold Giants tickets and also bought 49ers parking passes on it. I also sold my old motorcycle on it. It's just a matter of figuring out what are scams and what are not.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
lordsepic said:
here is the ad... lol go nuts

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/ele/1483823291.html

notice he didn't move to Romania until after I contacted him...

If this turns out how I hope I will post the emails. Can I get in trouble for threatening him with the police down the line? Where is Lawyer Jeff when you need him

This posting has been flagged for removal
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
lisu said:
Craigslist isn't so bad. I've bought and sold Giants tickets and also bought 49ers parking passes on it. I also sold my old motorcycle on it. It's just a matter of figuring out what are scams and what are not.

Yea maybe it might be cause it started here in the Bay Area ( :lol:), but I have had nothing but success. I also though the main thing with Craig's list was that it was suppose to be buyer pick-up which made it less of a scam than Ebay or other online places. In the past it is very convenient, I am trying to get rid of something, and since the customer drove down from Walnut Creek to get it, it's easy and simple.

Eric

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
Jurgy25 said:
lisu said:

Yea maybe it might be cause it started here in the Bay Area ( :lol:), but I have had nothing but success. I also though the main thing with Craig's list was that it was suppose to be buyer pick-up which made it less of a scam than Ebay or other online places. In the past it is very convenient, I am trying to get rid of something, and since the customer drove down from Walnut Creek to get it, it's easy and simple.

Eric

The problem is everyone that "lives' in your area... doesn't really live there... they always just moved lol

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
If I am remembering correctly, there was a guy who went full tilt on some scammer and ended up missing. Some kind of computer selling scam? I don't remember many of the details except for that the guy getting scammed ended up sending the scammer back a computer made of cardboard and junk parts, then no one heard from him again.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
sportscardtheory said:
If I am remembering correctly, there was a guy who went full tilt on some scammer and ended up missing. Some kind of computer selling scam? I don't remember many of the details except for that the guy getting scammed ended up sending the scammer back a computer made of cardboard and junk parts, then no one heard from him again.

This one? http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Philip J. Fry said:
sportscardtheory said:

This one? http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

Yeah.

"3) Finally, and most disturbingly, Jeff was not heard from again. I personally e-mailed him for permission to run his story on ZUG, but after an initial response, I never heard from him again. All of his Web sites have come down, and he is nowhere to be found.

Jeff, wherever you are, this P-P-P-Powerbook's for you."

That kind of creeped me out that he wasn't heard from again.

Members online

Latest posts