Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I smell trouble. Package from OH to AZ makes stop in Hawaii

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
This is a new one for me, so I'd like to ask if someone has this happened before to them, so I can calm down. The package is coming from Ohio and my mail address is in Phoenix, AZ. Here is the trip the card has made:

Your item was processed through and left our HONOLULU, HI 96820 facility on December 14, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

* Processed through Sort Facility, December 14, 2009, 12:10 am, HONOLULU, HI 96820
* Processed through Sort Facility, December 10, 2009, 7:07 pm, COLUMBUS, OH 43218
* Acceptance, December 10, 2009, 12:02 pm, COLUMBUS, OH 43213
* Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 10, 2009

Well, at least is not a big card.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I sent a package last year that bounced between baltimore maryland, to athens georgia, back and forth for a while, before it finally made it's destination in wisconsin. It came from Phoenix. Took about a month. I had to call a couple times and have them put an alert on it so they could take it out and find out what the deal is.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Kevbo said:
I sent a package last year that bounced between baltimore maryland, to athens georgia, back and forth for a while, before it finally made it's destination in wisconsin. It came from Phoenix. Took about a month. I had to call a couple times and have them put an alert on it so they could take it out and find out what the deal is.

The tracker says the package is in transit to destination, I'll wait a couple of days to see there they send it and if it makes another weird stop I'll contact the seller so he makes the call (not so easy for me being in Mexico).
Thanks

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I am still waiting for a package from New York that was mailed on the 24th of November.....I live in Connecticut.

:?

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
I used to work for DHL and its very easy for a package to get in a wrong container or
one digit off on the zip could be the reason. I always write the zip code larger and away from the address.
It helps prevent problems like this. The sorters only care about one thing and thats the zip code. They couldn't care less about who or what.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
r2d2 said:
No more random trips and bounces from other packages?

When I was living in Mass, I had a package shipped to me and it got to providence RI (25 miles from my house). 2 days later it hadn't showed up so I checked the DC and it was in Ohio...couple days after that it was in NV or AZ. Never did get that package but it was odd that it got so close, I mean I woulda drove and picked it up if I had too.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
not to long ago i had a piece of mail delivered into my mailbox. I live in North Carolina. The envelope was from a sender (a bank) in florida, to the reciepient (also in Florida). how in the hell did something from florida, going to florida end up in NC?? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: It was even DELIVERED :lol: :lol: whats worse is my street address & the reciepients addy are completely different, none of the numbers even match ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: It was staped "time sensitive", so i put it in a larger envelope & sent it to him. He sent me a thank you note a few days later, it was something to do with a mortgage deadline of some sort

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
EricInCT said:
I am still waiting for a package from New York that was mailed on the 24th of November.....I live in Connecticut.

:?

i mailed a card frome ny to connecticut took 29days....

found when they cleaned the truck, stuck somewhere inside.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
springfieldisotopes4 said:
not to long ago i had a piece of mail delivered into my mailbox. I live in North Carolina. The envelope was from a sender (a bank) in florida, to the reciepient (also in Florida). how in the hell did something from florida, going to florida end up in NC?? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: It was even DELIVERED :lol: :lol: whats worse is my street address & the reciepients addy are completely different, none of the numbers even match ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: It was staped "time sensitive", so i put it in a larger envelope & sent it to him. He sent me a thank you note a few days later, it was something to do with a mortgage deadline of some sort

I used to work for Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and I had a PO Box in Colorado Springs, PO Box 7037. I used to get mail that was intended for South Carolina, same PO Box #, wrong state. The weird thing was, it was mail going to Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
springfieldisotopes4 said:
your card ever show up r2??

Not yet, but I still have hope. I contacted the seller and they told him what other members have said here, about packages going to wrong zip code addresses, although the seller checked and my zip code was the correct one on the package.
It was processed on december 14 in Hawaii at 12:10 am. So, not so long ago. I'm fortunate that the traveling card is not a very expensive one and actually a duplicate.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Jack Straw said:
I used to work for DHL and its very easy for a package to get in a wrong container or
one digit off on the zip could be the reason. I always write the zip code larger and away from the address.
It helps prevent problems like this. The sorters only care about one thing and thats the zip code. They couldn't care less about who or what.

My brother worked for DHL for years and now works for Fed Ex and he always told me the same thing.

Happy Holidays

Shep

OP good luck on getting your card!

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
I had a similar type problem this week. Except the package said it was its way back to me...But was dlvd to NH like it was supposed to be...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts