Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN-Top 100 players of the decade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
I have to agree with this comment:

no Ryan Howard, no Tim Lincecum, no Morneau, I know we are talking about the ENTIRE DECADE, but come on Lincecum won 2 CY YOUNGS in 3 full seasons he did more then some of the guys on the list did the entire decade Corey Koskie really???

There are some serious scrubs there, Morneau is a thousand times the player Jose Valentin ever was.

Brad Radke's last seven years of his career are better than Lincecum's three? Or Lester's four?

Eric Chavez is in the top fifty!? Melvin Mora over Hanley?

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Manny Ramirez needs to be in the top 3.

Not sure how Roy Oswalt is above Pedro....Actually not sure how any pitcher is above Pedro.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Carlos Lee is SOOOOOO far down this list that it 100% completely invalidates it in its entirety.

24+ HRs EVERY season in the decade; EVERY SEASON OF THE DECADE!!!

Batted over .300 six times int he decade.

80+ RBI EVERY YEAR of the decade, including 100+ in the last five and 6/7 years.

NEVER struck over 94 times, the last four years were sub-70.

Carlos Lee is top-15 easy when put in context of the whole decade.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
I started down that list, and saw Beltran and Helton appearing to be a little too high...then I got to Rolen at #11, and I refuse to look at the rest of the list. That is idiotic.

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
The list is horrible. They list Chavez high based off of 5 good years, then basically say that Mauer is where he is (the spot right behind Chavez) for the reason of only being in the league half the decade. So many misplaced people, I mean, Maddux should in no way be that low. I also believe I saw Corey Koskie on the list. Wow.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Rivera at 24. :lol: What a joke. The best closer of all time should be top 10. When you think of postseason, he should be at the top of anyone's head.

cammy collector

May 4, 2009
Western Maryland
Mike Cameron @ #36. WOOT!

:cry: at Griffey Jr. not even being on the list. Not that he deserves it, but how does the top player of the previous decade not even make a top 100 list for the following ten years?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Griffey didn't lead his league in any statistical category during the decade.

cammy collector said:
Mike Cameron @ #36. WOOT!

:cry: at Griffey Jr. not even being on the list. Not that he deserves it, but how does the top player of the previous decade not even make a top 100 list for the following ten years?

Members online

Latest posts