Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Ebay Sellers/Ebay Store Owners, Sent out Business cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I was wondering any of the bigger sellers or ebay store owners here send out business cards with the cards they sell?

I just really got more into my ebay store lately and decided to buy some business cards to send out with them. I am not sure if it is worth it or not to this point. But I think I have been getting more repeat customers since I started to send them out about 6 months ago.

The other reason I brought it up is that I bought my from Vista Print and they are having great deals right now. 250 cards for free and all you pay is $5.67 for shipping. I just re-upped for another 250 at that price.

Anyways, just wanted your thoughts.

Skrip

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I am not a big time seller like that, but I have received many business cards from various sellers. Some have included flyers or just simply wrote their contact info/website info on the PP packing slip.

I think it's a good thing. I have been a repeat customer to several of those people because they had additional cards I wanted and sometimes even gave me a discount for mentioning that I was a returning customer or their business card/info.

I don't see how there's any way sending them out could hurt.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Not a big time seller, but I can tell you that as a buyer I don't even really look at the business cards I receive. In the end I buy based on the card, and since the majority of sellers with solid feedback pretty much offer the same service (card gets to me in a reasonable time, undamaged) I don't even have any "favorite" sellers, I just have the searches I use.

At that price though, I don't know how you could go wrong as I am sure there are others who do look at and keep the cards.

boomets

Jul 17, 2009
If you can get 250 for $5 then it dosent matter what they do with them.
Just put em in every package you send and also every trade you do.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Topnotchsy said:
Not a big time seller, but I can tell you that as a buyer I don't even really look at the business cards I receive. In the end I buy based on the card, and since the majority of sellers with solid feedback pretty much offer the same service (card gets to me in a reasonable time, undamaged) I don't even have any "favorite" sellers, I just have the searches I use.

At that price though, I don't know how you could go wrong as I am sure there are others who do look at and keep the cards.
Kinda what I was thinking. Another unneccessary expense that more than likely will get thrown out. I've received many with purchases over the years but have yet to actually contact any of the sellers and do deals outside of ebay. Why? More than likely they will want more for something I can get elsewhere on ebay. When I do come across great sellers I always save them to my favorite sellers list.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I've been known to leave neutrals for sellers that include religious propaganda in their packages, but never for a business card.

Suffice to say, at the price, it's clearly worth it...and if it helps one customer repeat, it is worth it.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I've been known to leave neutrals for sellers that include religious propaganda in their packages, but never for a business card. Suffice to say, at the price, it's clearly worth it...and if it helps one customer repeat, it is worth it.
I Agree if it brings one customer back, it has worked. On a side note I File all that I get in and leave a note on how well they comunicated and packaged the item.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I looked into them as well Skrip. Mind sharing what your design looks like? You dont have to put info out there, just use xxxx for email etc if you'd like...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
MojoDan said:
I looked into them as well Skrip. Mind sharing what your design looks like? You dont have to put info out there, just use xxxx for email etc if you'd like...

Sure, I will put one up tonight....

skrip

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Yes, though not lately (haven’t gotten around to reordering + my ebay presence on this id’s been limited lately b/c I’m busy w/my other businesses + amazon). Works great for getting repeat buyers + getting people to email you to buy things not listed on ebay…ex., some guys buy all my commons that aren’t worth listing, some guys buy all cards of player/team X, etc….some people have contacted me about selling out, gotten some consignment work that way, etc. For $5, it can’t hurt.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Business Cards absolutely rule if you have a store outside of eBay.

I'm always looking to save a few dollars on cheap-o base, and if we can do it outside of ebay at your store; Let's party.

If you're ready to meet me halfway between what you clear on ebay and what I pay on eBay, then I'll shop at your store or order cards from you.

Business cards also go a long way to show you're legit.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I've been known to leave neutrals for sellers that include religious propaganda in their packages

outstanding! i've never had the stones to neutral anyone over it though....

What exactly would this accomplish? I am completely religion free, but what do I care if someone puts a pamphlet in my shipment. It's pretty ridiculous to leave feedback related to that. You can throw the "propaganda" out with the other stuff and you are done with it. Why the hell would anyone leave feedback that's not related to what they purchased. It's downright ignorant, actually. It's one thing to not be religious, it's another thing to be ANTI-religious and to "punish" people for their beliefs. I find it quite disgusting that anyone would do that.

bigpops65

Feb 9, 2009
Providence, RI
I do send business cards with every order. I have been doing it for a number of years (3+) and have gotten people contact me again when looking for something. It is an added expense, but one that I think can be a positive. It has also helped around this time of year when people are looking for something to give as a present and want to know if I have or can get something.

I also have a seperate card for when I do shows. I give that out to customers, and have gotten hits off that when people want to buy/sell.

Overall, I will always be doing business cards.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
bigpops65 said:
I do send business cards with every order. I have been doing it for a number of years (3+) and have gotten people contact me again when looking for something. It is an added expense, but one that I think can be a positive. It has also helped around this time of year when people are looking for something to give as a present and want to know if I have or can get something.

I also have a seperate card for when I do shows. I give that out to customers, and have gotten hits off that when people want to buy/sell.

Overall, I will always be doing business cards.

Thanked. You talked me into it. :)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I've been known to leave neutrals for sellers that include religious propaganda in their packages

What exactly would this accomplish? I am completely religion free, but what do I care if someone puts a pamphlet in my shipment. It's pretty ridiculous to leave feedback related to that. You can throw the "propaganda" out with the other stuff and you are done with it. Why the hell would anyone leave feedback that's not related to what they purchased. It's downright ignorant, actually. It's one thing to not be religious, it's another thing to be ANTI-religious and to "punish" people for their beliefs. I find it quite disgusting that anyone would do that.
Actually, my mentality on leaving neutral feedback to something "not related to what I purchased" is the exact same as them sending something along "not related to what I purchased."

As far as "punishing people for their beliefs"...I could care less if someone is worshiping a one-eyed pigmy goat...I just don't want to hear how it will "save my soul." People can do whatever they want in their own homes, but once they wear their religious beliefs on their sleeves...it's all fair game.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
I am not a seller but whenever I receive a business card I always check out their website to see if maybe they have something else I need. I am sure I am not alone on this so I would definitely go for it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
200lbhockeyplayer said:
sportscardtheory said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Actually, my mentality on leaving neutral feedback to something "not related to what I purchased" is the exact same as them sending something along "not related to what I purchased."

As far as "punishing people for their beliefs"...I could care less if someone is worshiping a one-eyed pigmy goat...I just don't want to hear how it will "save my soul." People can do whatever they want in their own homes, but once they wear their religious beliefs on their sleeves...it's all fair game.

Sounds like a pretty angry way of looking at it. Them doing that doesn't affect you in the least, while leaving them negative feedback, punishing them, hurts them. Like I said, all you have to do is throw it away with the other garbage. You are trying to hurt them by leaving them neutral feedback when their intent was to do good. There is no reason for it. Religion makes some people happy, no matter how far fetched it is.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Sounds like a pretty angry way of looking at it. Them doing that doesn't affect you in the least, while leaving them negative feedback, punishing them, hurts them. Like I said, all you have to do is throw it away with the other garbage. You are trying to hurt them by leaving them neutral feedback when they're intent was to do good. There is no reason for it. Religion makes some people happy, no matter how far fetched it is.
I don't find it angry at all, obviously.

To me, if someone wants to come off "holier than thou" and preaching from a street corner or bubble mailer, I believe that they are giving me the same forum to express my opinion on their beliefs.

Again, once they open that door, it's my duty as a cynic to slam their fingers in it

No anger, no hatred...and who knows, maybe they can pray away the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts