Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dont drink and invest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
In January 2008, I was talking with my two closest friends who dabbled in cards twenty years ago and havent done much, if any, since.

We were talking investments while downing many cold ones (both of them are into stocks) and asked me if they should invest in any sealed cases (not to break).

I told them how one particular product, year in, year out is like gold and that if they were interested, they should "join the crowd".

So what product did I convince them to buy? 2008 Bowman Chrome ::facepalm:: at just over $50 per box.

In my defense, at the time the auto CL looked loaded with mega studs. How did I know Topps would flood the market and add another 10-20 extra autos?

THey ask me from time to time how their investment case are doing and I dont have much good to say:
"Well, besides the alleged murderer, the mega fall of the top sox prospect, another collapse of a Yankee top pros who has since been traded and Chaz Roe and his fellow bust prospects, its a pretty GREAT product"

And assuming Razor is right (and he's been right on basically every rumor regarding other companies), I can add "and now Topps is dumping their warehouse full of cases to distributors for $10 per box"

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
lmfao, I love drinking and talking about investments but then again the only thing we invest in while we are drunk are more beers.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Dpanthers14 said:
lmfao, I love drinking and talking about investments but then again the only thing we invest in while we are drunk are more beers.
:lol: :lol:

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I also heard that there were Topps Representatives going around and liquidating alot of their unsold Bowman stashes from the last two years for CHEAP. One dealer at the Chicago show picked up 2008 bowman boxes for $20 each, and 2008 Bowman chrome for even less.

I heard the Topps guy literally told the dealer "give me $2500 and i'll take care of you".

What a dirty hobby we are in.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
brouthercard said:
I also heard that there were Topps Representatives going around and liquidating alot of their unsold Bowman stashes from the last two years for CHEAP. One dealer at the Chicago show picked up 2008 bowman boxes for $20 each, and 2008 Bowman chrome for even less.

I heard the Topps guy literally told the dealer "give me $2500 and i'll take care of you".

What a dirty hobby we are in.

Sounds like now is the time to jump in ::facepalm::

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
bradical said:
I bought 4 or 5 boxes of 2009 Bowman Jumbo at around $110 / box at release.

I was totally sober.

I just noticed that blowout had cases of that product for $279 last weekend!!

Should I jump in ? :?

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
09 was not great.. but you know 08 chrome was not Terrible if you could get a Lars, Engel Beltre, etc.. I don't totally hate it. For $20 box I am all over it

Latest posts