Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will be next player to have 100 steals in a season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
not any time soon

Guys like Eric Young Jr, Desomnd Jennings, etc will get their fair share but 100 is soooooooo damn tough to do

When Rickey H got his 130 or whatever, I believe he got caught quite a bit too. He was basically trying to snag 2nd and 3rd each time on base it seemed

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Ricky and Vince Coleman just seemed to be in a different world when they played. I thought Reyes had a chance a couple years back.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
I really think Ellsbury has a chance to do it THIS year. With out the power that they have had in the past years(Ortiz & Manny), I think its going open the door for him to run more than last year when he had 70 I think.

Happy New Year

Shep

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Looks like Rickey got caught just under 25% of the time when he stole 130. Amazing that he led the league in 1980...and in 1998! Plus a bunch of times in between. Career leader in steals and caught stealing, but had a decent rate. Amazing.

kentuckyderby said:
not any time soon

Guys like Eric Young Jr, Desomnd Jennings, etc will get their fair share but 100 is soooooooo damn tough to do

When Rickey H got his 130 or whatever, I believe he got caught quite a bit too. He was basically trying to snag 2nd and 3rd each time on base it seemed

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Julio Borbon had 19 SB in 40 games last year. If he gets to play a full season at the lead-off spot for the Rangers. I could see him swiping 100+ bases in a season.

In the CWS, I saw him score from second base on a past ball. Just crazy speed.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
bradical said:
Julio Borbon had 19 SB in 40 games last year. If he gets to play a full season at the lead-off spot for the Rangers. I could see him swiping 100+ bases in a season.

Not trying to pimp the guy that I picked, but I saw Ellsbury do the same thing and I was at the game againts the Yankees when he stole home.

Shep

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
shepsspot said:
bradical said:

Not trying to pimp the guy that I picked, but I saw Ellsbury do the same thing and I was at the game againts the Yankees when he stole home.

Shep

AJ P did it for Chi Sox too

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
bradical said:

Seen Julio play against the Nashville Sound.
Man that kid has SERIOUS WHEELS!!

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Pretty sure Josh pulled the Givens rainbow from UD this past year. He kept hitting auto after auto (green,blue,red etc) of his. Not sure what he did with them.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
MojoDan said:
Pretty sure Josh pulled the Givens rainbow from UD this past year. He kept hitting auto after auto (green,blue,red etc) of his. Not sure what he did with them.
If my memory serves me, he pulled 3 Green Autos /10 did he not?
Think I tried at one point to get them, but he was asking way too much!
This one only ran me $80.
Givens2008USAJuniorNationalTeamAuto.jpg

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Yes, what an amazing ball player! :D I defenitely don't think anybody will hit 130 again... Rickey and Billy Martin were on a mission that year, and it's really the only thing the A's had going for them. Run Rickey Run! Even 100 is going to be tough unless the situation is right. You need to be a great base stealer to do it, but you also need to get the green light from your coach, and of course let's not forget the necessity of getting on base in the first place.

uniquebaseballcards said:
Looks like Rickey got caught just under 25% of the time when he stole 130. Amazing that he led the league in 1980...and in 1998! Plus a bunch of times in between. Career leader in steals and caught stealing, but had a decent rate. Amazing.

kentuckyderby said:
not any time soon

marterburn

Russ S. said:
MojoDan said:
If my memory serves me, he pulled 3 Green Autos /10 did he not?
Think I tried at one point to get them, but he was asking way too much!
This one only ran me $80.
Givens2008USAJuniorNationalTeamAuto.jpg

yeah he pulled 3 greens /10. he then rejected my ebay offers for $3, $4, $5 when he put them up together as a lot.

Members online

Latest posts