Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sickels Brewers Top 20 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
nice, we finally got some young pitchers working their way up in rankings.
whew.
seems like it's been a while.

Hey sheets buddy
Lucroy > Salome
:)

I like all these pitchers though. Tough to say who ranks above who, a lot of them are neck & neck.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
5 years from now all you will be hearing about is D'Vontrey Richardson

If he wouldn't have missed so much time playing football while at FSU, would have been a 1st round pick. Think Elijah Duke's minus off field problems with a higher batting average.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I don't know if I should expect more, or less from Sickels with this..."Jeremy 'Cheech' Jeffress."

Actually, I wouldn't mind it on some random blogger's top 20, or prospect blog, but not from someone with his reach.

Weak.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I can't believe all the pitching depth that is a few years away.

I don't get the double-talk with Escobar though. It seems that whenever a lone-wolf "insider" wants to rank him, they are all about hedging bets and not committing completely to him. Unlinke, say, a multi-million dollar club full of experts who actually HAVE jobs in the real world of baseball.

Sorry, it's just a small sore spot.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
What is this?

OTHERS (Grade C): John Axford, RHP; Nick Bucci, RHP, Cutter Dykstra, 2B-OF; Mike Fiers, RHP; Taylor Green, 3B; Brooks Hall, RHP; Del Howell, LHP; Jeremy "Cheech" Jeffress, RHP; Maverick Lasker, Private Investigator, RHP; Seth Lintz, RHP; Chuck Lofgren, LHP; Dan Merklinger, LHP; Jose Alberto Pena, OF; Josh Prince, SS; D'Vontrey Richardson, OF; Max Walla, OF; Rob Wooten, RHP.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
masonphillip said:
Interesting mention of Lawrie being Jeff Kent-esque.

Seems a really fair comparison right now. All I hear from scouts regarding Lawrie is about his bat speed, strike zone judgment and raw power.

This guy is my number one prospect in all of baseball right now. I am a little salty that all he has to offer is Razor Autos, but at least I got a couple Metal Golds!

:)

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
blitzerlover said:
Not a fan of Lawrie. He looked awful the several times I saw him this year.

Yeah he looked pretty bad at the games i went to. Which was almost all of them. I guess these scouts are thinking the hard part is having the bat speed and raw power and the easy part is figuring out how to make it work.

He is still amazingly young and im hoping he gets a chance to develope through the system and not get traded. We shall see.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
zookerman182 said:
blitzerlover said:

Yeah he looked pretty bad at the games i went to. Which was almost all of them. I guess these scouts are thinking the hard part is having the bat speed and raw power and the easy part is figuring out how to make it work.

He is still amazingly young and im hoping he gets a chance to develope through the system and not get traded. We shall see.

Glad I am not the only one. I went to at least 20 different games of his. He never impressed me, not really sure what people see in him.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
blitzerlover said:
zookerman182 said:
blitzerlover said:

Glad I am not the only one. I went to at least 20 different games of his. He never impressed me, not really sure what people see in him.

I saw him three times last year, and he did nothing to impress me either. The scout must be seeing something to excite them I guess.

skrip

Members online

Latest posts