Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stupid Beckett website passwords

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Talk about frustrating.

I thought I was going crazy for years, but it turns out the the beckett.com website is just plain stupid. When I signed up for beckett.com years ago, they gave me a 5 digit alphanumeric password. I have changed it countless times over the years to a password that I use for sites such as FCB. However, every once in a while, it changes back to that same 5 digit alphanumeric code.

Yesterday, I couldn't log on, so I ask for the password to be emailed. They send the same alphanumeric code and I am able to log on with that code. TODAY, I try to log on again, and fail. I try again and again using the code they just sent yesterday, and it fails repeatedly. On a whim, I try MY password again. Bingo, it works.

So, if any of you think you are going crazy, you aren't. It's just another example of beckett's crappy website.

David

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
The layout of their website...that was going to revolutionize website designs....gave me a tumor. No joke....five minutes into using the "new" site I got a tumor and left. I only go back to check graded population reports.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I use it only to look up information on past sets/inserts, and the marketplace from time to time. I think I posted just once in their forums, and that was to show off my PC.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
The layout of their website...that was going to revolutionize website designs....gave me a tumor. No joke....five minutes into using the "new" site I got a tumor and left. I only go back to check graded population reports.

That's the only reason I visit that travesty of a website as well.

marterburn

i still subscribed to their OPG until early this month, mostly because I forgot to turn off auto-renew. So i checked it occasionally. Now I only visit Beckett if i click a link through this site.

I never changed my alphanumeric password, BTW, I just remembered it every time somehow.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
When you go to Beckett, the URL changes to beta.Beckett.com
Why are they still using a beta website more than a year later?

Is it because it was supposed to be a test website, but now they can't figure out how to expunge themselves from that vortex of crap they created?

Like MUChuckwagon, I was infected by Beckett's feces, but praise the Maker, I developed only shigellosis from not cleansing after my initial visit.
Godspeed on the recovery of your tumor, MUChuckwagon. Godspeed!

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
This woman has only been posting on the BMB for a few months....I'm not sure if she has a tumor or is knocked up by a member of the FCB staff in a smokey hotel in Cleveland area during the last National.

tumor.jpg

Members online

Latest posts