Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on autographed baseballs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Came across this. Pretty interesting because it was signed Devin's rookie year and has the topps hologram. They are limited to around 100 also. I'm not sure what I think.

DEVH-04-BB1-E0.jpg

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
That is odd. I would rather have his auto on a basketball, then a baseball. Because, afterall, he is a basketball player not a baseball player.

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
I don't like it. I was going to pick up a box of 06-07 sweet shot basketball, but the hit is signed on a baseball. It's a little weird. No thanks.

LaPorta Fan

Aug 10, 2008
I think it is a cool idea, makes a collector's item. It depends from the standpoint of the person who's collecting the player, I think.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
If you are not sure, i would not spend the money on it. Probably plenty of other items you could buy that you would be more comfortable with

AKA Coastal said:
Came across this. Pretty interesting because it was signed Devin's rookie year and has the topps hologram. They are limited to around 100 also. I'm not sure what I think.

DEVH-04-BB1-E0.jpg

G

AKA Coastal said:

DEVH-04-BB1-E0.jpg
I saw him at a Brewers/Astros game in beer town a few years back.
We was signing some baseball, when all of a sudden a lady come up to him
and said stop just as he was going to sign one for me. I think it was his handler
or someone, because she said you can't do that. Might have been some contractual thing.
I think it is ok for another sport player to sign a baseball.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
i think the sweet spot baseball autos are really cool...but that is coming from a baseball card collector who played baseball and basketball in college. I feel like it's just kinda a cool little oddball thing as someone mentioned.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
i think the sweet spot baseball autos are really cool...but that is coming from a baseball card collector who played baseball and basketball in college. I feel like it's just kinda a cool little oddball thing as someone mentioned.

I say no to the ball and I also say no to the sweet spot autos of basketball players.I have seen a few of these and always felt it was kinda unnecessary. Why not just include a piece of basketball leather in the card?I don't think I would like it very much if the baseball sweetspot autos were on a basketball surface.Or a football surface either.The sport should eb on the designated ball for that sport.

But to each their own I suppose.

The only one that ever made any sense was the Jordan.

Members online

Latest posts