Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

90s inserts you always wanted to pull back in the day...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
And are now impossible to find.

For me, it was back in 1999 with Upper Deck MVP. The Gold script #'d 100 and super script #'d 25 are impossible to find. Was just curious and it seems they aren't found on ebay. Wonder if they are in PCs or just aren't really worth enough to sell...

connerusmc86

Dec 16, 2008
Jacksonville,NC
The early 90's donruss Elite's/10,000...I can remember busting dozens of boxes and only pulled one..now they can be found for a few bucks..which is why i'm going back and putting the sets together..

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Good Topic! To me this will be different than "Cool 90's Inserts" thread, because they were cards that I really, REALLY wanted (and tried)to pull!

For me it was very early, 1992 Fleer Ultra, I tried and tried to pull one of those Gwynn autos! Wow! did I go through a lot of packs! Not impossible to find now, but your thread title really made me think of these cards!

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
Another vote for '92 Elite. My dad and I busted countless boxes of '92 Donruss trying to put together the DK set, & pull those Elites. We managed to pull a Puckett...which I still have 18 years later. It was a hot product upon release (in my area anyways), & he spent soo much $$ buying box after box. I read a few years back that people would use a metal detector on the boxes to find the Elites. Not sure if that's true or not.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
In early 1992 I had been back into cards for under a year. Spring Break in Vegas, I managed to find a card shop, and they had a Frank Thomas (who I had quickly fixated on early in my return) Donruss Elite. It was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen in the hobby. And it had a $300 price tag on it. I couldn't imagine the luck the person had who pulled it. Now I have 2 of them, and paid $10 for each.

I always wanted to pull one of the special horizontal die-cut cards they had in 1994 SP, Marino in football and Gretzky in hockey. Don't seem to recall an analog in baseball. Or one of the UD Heroes autographs. I enjoyed collecting the 9-card sets, which they inetivably screwed up by making them short-printed and covering multiple current star players and all that. But just one Aaron or Bench or Morgan or something would've been sweet. I know I'd still have that card today.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Star rubies, essential credentials, atomic refractors, platinum medallion or masterpieces. Biggest one though was select certified mirror golds

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Cobra29svt said:
Another vote for '92 Elite. My dad and I busted countless boxes of '92 Donruss trying to put together the DK set, & pull those Elites. We managed to pull a Puckett...which I still have 18 years later. It was a hot product upon release (in my area anyways), & he spent soo much $$ buying box after box. I read a few years back that people would use a metal detector on the boxes to find the Elites. Not sure if that's true or not.
i too bought a ton of the stuff, i did pull a griffey, and found a shop hat had a thomas, i rounded up like 112 and some change
carl.jpg
another was the 1992 fleer rookie sensations thomas, bought alot of that too, then found out they were in the cello's :?
1994 collectors choice gold sig griffey

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
magicpapa said:
Cobra29svt said:
i too bought a ton of the stuff, i did pull a griffey, and found a shop hat had a thomas, i rounded up like 112 and some change
carl.jpg
another was the 1992 fleer rookie sensations thomas, bought alot of that too, then found out they were in the cello's :?

Oh wow!!!! I always wanted those!!!! Indeed, the Donruss Elite were THE cards I wanted back then!

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
domino2012 said:
magicpapa said:
Cobra29svt said:
carl.jpg

Oh wow!!!! I always wanted those!!!! Indeed, the Donruss Elite were THE cards I wanted back then!

I forgot how similar those backgrounds were to the modern superfractor.

For me, it was Rookie Sensations 1992, Any Elite card, the Mantle Auto from 92 score, Find the REGGIE!, Find the NOLAN!, Find the AARON!, real vintage topps cards in 1991, any of that stuff would have blown me away.

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Two of my top three have been named: Elite and UD Heroes autograph! I also LOVED anything die-cut from Pacific, but especially "Cramer's Choice".

Latest posts