Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First Ultimate Fake Patch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
I HOPE NOT :(

BUT THIS BIG WINDOW "LABELED PATCH" CARDS ARE GONNA TO BE A WET DREAM COME TRUE FOR THESE FAKERS

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
CISCOKID23 said:

BUT THIS BIG WINDOW "LABELED PATCH" CARDS ARE GONNA TO BE A WET DREAM COME TRUE FOR THESE FAKERS

Agreed.

I can easily see this card being purchased.....
!BkwtvLg!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-EUEs9E6Mub,BLY3vpTq!Q~~_12.jpg

And showing back up on ebay with this in the window....
3189023509_94faec0911.jpg

Same with this......
341968490_tp.jpg

Show back up with this in the window...
logo2.jpg

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
IndyMann said:
A "first" Cub head has already sold. So unless more than one jersey was used....

[ebay:3f13w1s3]370328693173[/ebay:3f13w1s3]

Well, they do look like different sized paches (one that sold takes up entire top window...other takes up only half of side window). One could be a shoulder patch, one the front of a jersey patch. Plus, if UD is thinning out their inventory, there could very well be multiples of the same patch. I can only imagine how many Derrek Lee jerseys they have in inventory...

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Sly said:
IndyMann said:
A "first" Cub head has already sold. So unless more than one jersey was used....

[ebay:13s8vj23]370328693173[/ebay:13s8vj23]

Well, they do look like different sized paches (one that sold takes up entire top window...other takes up only half of side window). One could be a shoulder patch, one the front of a jersey patch. Plus, if UD is thinning out their inventory, there could very well be multiples of the same patch. I can only imagine how many Derrek Lee jerseys they have in inventory...

I pulled a Matt Kemp, and there were no fewer than 3 different "M"s from his Nameplate on eBay...Lots of E's too.

So, I get the feeling that a lot of jerseys were used.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
Why wouldn't the guy have faked the Seaver he has on too? I guess i see the point about these being easy to fake, but that guy is not faking them. If he only had the one Ultimate card on, then maybe... but if you look at his other items, i'd say he just busted a few boxes and listed what he got... think before you falsely accuse, that's my two cents.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
scottagibson said:
Why wouldn't the guy have faked the Seaver he has on too? I guess i see the point about these being easy to fake, but that guy is not faking them. If he only had the one Ultimate card on, then maybe... but if you look at his other items, i'd say he just busted a few boxes and listed what he got... think before you falsely accuse, that's my two cents.
******, I never accused anyone. I questioned the card due to the choppy window. Think before you post.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
******? ok.. didn't mean to take it to the high school name calling level. Your title to this thread says "First Ultimate FAKE Patch?"... If that were my auction that was being questioned and posted, I'd be pissed about it.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
scottagibson said:
******? ok.. didn't mean to take it to the high school name calling level. Your title to this thread says "First Ultimate FAKE Patch?"... If that were my auction that was being questioned and posted, I'd be pissed about it.
With a question mark. No accusation was made. Just a question.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
P_Manning 18 said:
CISCOKID23 said:

Agreed.

I can easily see this card being purchased.....
!BkwtvLg!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-EUEs9E6Mub,BLY3vpTq!Q~~_12.jpg

And showing back up on ebay with this in the window....
3189023509_94faec0911.jpg

Same with this......
341968490_tp.jpg

Show back up with this in the window...
logo2.jpg
i saved thoes cards as before, now i just wait for the after to show up

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
pigskincardboard said:
I pulled a Matt Kemp, and there were no fewer than 3 different "M"s from his Nameplate on eBay...Lots of E's too.

NVM!

:benson:

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
vwnut13 said:
pigskincardboard said:

M?!?

K-E-M-P

L-O-S-A-N-G-E-L-E-S

D-O-D-G-E-R-S

Where would an M come from?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
IndyMann said:
vwnut13 said:
pigskincardboard said:

M?!?

K-E-M-P

L-O-S-A-N-G-E-L-E-S

D-O-D-G-E-R-S

Where would an M come from?

:benson:

To many things going through my head right now.

I type an M and I don't even recognize it!

:lol:

yanxyanx

Sep 13, 2008
Riverdale, NY
shepsspot said:
I am going to say no, check out this one.

It looks like the other half of it.

Shep

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Ultimate-Colle ... 5885d45dfb

*EDIT*
Sly beat me to it with all his patches, mine is just the other half. You guys jump way to fast sometimes! Do a little research before you want to bash someones auction!

Was just about to say the same thing. The other half of it is the one I have up right now. Customer pulled it from a pack a few days ago. Choppy window looks suspicious, but I am sure it is ok.

But if you want the Lee patch, just buy mine and don't worry about the choppy window ;)

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
There's no way that these two patches were previously joined together. The first two scans I believe are real. You will notice nice thick-stitched borders around the images. The "C" has a very thick border and the Cub has a thick blue border. The card I questioned does not have the same thick border

Real31-35.jpg
Real34-35.jpg

Here's a scan of the card I questioned.

Fake13-35.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

I am not accusing the seller of faking this patch. I just question its authenticity. To me, it looks suspect.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
IndyMann said:
There's no way that these two patches were previously joined together. The first two scans I believe are real. You will notice nice thick-stitched borders around the images. The "C" has a very thick border and the Cub has a thick blue border. The card I questioned does not have the same thick border

Real31-35.jpg
Real34-35.jpg

Here's a scan of the card I questioned.

Fake13-35.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

I am not accusing the seller of faking this patch. I just question its authenticity. To me, it looks suspect.

Blue Jersey Front Logo vs Pinstripe Jersey Sleve Patch maybe?

vfound_maddux.jpg
32-10938-F.jpg

The first two are definetly from a blue jersey, as you can see the blue jersey.
The second is definetly a sleeve patch, but is it real?

Members online

Latest posts