Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Seller to Avoid:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up...

liza_vb

Won three auctions from her at $96.41
The shipping was stated as $3 each...no big deal..until...

I received my cards today in a used bubble mailer and sent with no dc or ins. and $1.39 was the paid postage.
I e-mailed her before I paid for the auctions and I got no response...only received payment reminders...well...after I got the cards today, I sent this:

Dear liza_vb,

Hi There,

I received the cards today. They are beautiful! Thanks for that. However, I am very concerned about the amount that I paid for shipping vs. the amount that was used for shipping by you. I paid $9.00 for shipping and all three cards were stuffed in a $.50 bubble mailer and had a $1.39 postage label on them. No Delivery Confirmation, no insurance, no signature confirmation, no anything. This is unacceptable to me. Had it been sent via a better service or had additional insurance or confirmation added, I wouldn't be upset. I e-mailed you a few days before I paid asking for an adjusted shipping rate. I did not receive a response. Instead I received payment reminders. With that being said, I am giving you until the end of the day on Friday to address this issue. If it is not addressed I will leave neutral or negative feedback explaining my concern. I have decided which. That's in your hands.

Sincerely,

Matt

She sent this back:

Dear mattscardstore,

First of all dont threaten me with negative or neutral feedback in order to get what you want. That is against Ebay policy anyway. Now that you have sent such an email, I have it on file. Ebay has a very strict policy on this. You paid for the items before I sent you the invoice, so I assumed you were ok with shipping. I have no problem disputing a neutral or negative feedback for such a reason and have you, and people like you, removed from Ebay. Thanks and enjoy your new cards.

- liza_vb

I sent this back -

Dear liza_vb,

Why get defensive about this? I wanted your attention and now I've gotten it. I wish that you would have responded to the e-mails before I paid. Like I said, I would've been fine if you would have used a more adequate shipping service. All I'm asking for is a friggin $4-$5 refund for shipping. Not anything crazy. I do believe that threatening to get someone kicked off of eBay is way more severe than attempting to get a customer service issue resolved with a party that will not reply to e-mails until they feel that it may hurt them not to. Let me know what you want to do.

Matt

I just find it really frustrating when a difference of this much is charged for a highly inadequate service...if she would've sent it with DC or insurance, I really would've had no issue with the charge....

What do you guys think?

Matt

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
sportscardtheory said:
I personally would not have paid until they updated the combined shipping.

I have to agree here. But this seller seems like a pain and by continuously sending payment reminders, I'm sure it wasn't in their cards to combine shipping anyways. With all that being said, you got the cards in good condition. If it were seperate sellers you'd have paid shipping. Just leave a positive or neutral at the worst.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Lol...note to self..."Do not buy cards from gilmo..." J/K Well, at the very least, anyone else that reads this thread will know what to expect from this seller. I just hate paying a premium and getting a budget service in return. Most of the time my shipping quotes are right on the money or even short. Sometimes I just ship for free and eat it. I guess I look at it this way...if I was dishonest or trying to scam her, I could've just filed a PayPal claim in a few days. Because she didn't use DC, I would've won. Someone is going to get her on that...

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
You know, this comes up all the time, and I get really tired of hearing the "you got the cards in good condition" arguement.

$9 to ship 3 cards is bs, plain and simple. Thank you for letting me know to avoid this seller.

Jul 30, 2009
received the cards today. They are beautiful!

Yet another example of how buyers take advantage of sellers not being able to leave a neg.

OP read wht you wrte above. There is NOTHING you should leave except a pos fb. You got your cards and they are "beautiful" so leave a pos and move on. ::facepalm::

Maybe the next seller should deliver your cards in a 24kt gold envelope lined with Diamonds and your address done in caligraphy. They should also be sure to use Scotch brand "silk" tape and not a roll bought at a 99 cents store.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
chashawk said:
You know, this comes up all the time, and I get really tired of hearing the "you got the cards in good condition" arguement.

$9 to ship 3 cards is bs, plain and simple. Thank you for letting me know to avoid this seller.

it was $9 because he didn't ask for combined shipping.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
ballcardzdotcom said:
Lol...note to self..."Do not buy cards from gilmo..." J/K Well, at the very least, anyone else that reads this thread will know what to expect from this seller. I just hate paying a premium and getting a budget service in return. Most of the time my shipping quotes are right on the money or even short. Sometimes I just ship for free and eat it. I guess I look at it this way...if I was dishonest or trying to scam her, I could've just filed a PayPal claim in a few days. Because she didn't use DC, I would've won. Someone is going to get her on that...

I would have done a partial refund for the $6 shipping difference.

But, I also do not use old bubble mailers.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I would block the buyer before the seller.

I can't tell you how many times I have paid 4-5 bucks for 10-15 cards.

$9 is 10% or the price whereas I am used to paying 40%.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
For the record...I did send 3 separate e-mails requesting combined shipping that went unanswered. I also requested the DC#, which I never got because it was never purchased. As far as wanting gold and diamond lined envelopes, that's not at all what I wanted. All I wanted was to be treated fairly as a customer. This is just an example of an eBay seller attempting to recoup their PayPal/eBay fees, which is against eBay/PayPal policy to begin with. Whatever your opinion is on the matter, which I can appreciate all of them, I think it is our duty as a community to alert the rest of our board members of an issue that concerns us. That's what I have done. As far as resolution, after another imflammatory e-mail from the seller, I have left her a positive for the first card and two neutrals for the other, explaining why in the text.

Matt

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
011873 said:
received the cards today. They are beautiful!

Yet another example of how buyers take advantage of sellers not being able to leave a neg.

OP read wht you wrte above. There is NOTHING you should leave except a pos fb. You got your cards and they are "beautiful" so leave a pos and move on. ::facepalm::

Maybe the next seller should deliver your cards in a 24kt gold envelope lined with Diamonds and your address done in caligraphy. They should also be sure to use Scotch brand "silk" tape and not a roll bought at a 99 cents store.
I'd pay $9 for that.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
the amazing thing here is that if she printed a paypal label she could have had DC for 2 cents ::facepalm::

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
chashawk said:

I find us agreeing on almost everything you post, and this is one of those times.

I get it, there are a lot of sellers here. Yes, you do get worked over by ebay. That said, there is absolutely no reason to defend the terrible sellers on ebay. The OP clearly says he attempted to get an invoice for combined shipping. The seller still charged the price without combined shipping. When questioned on it, the seller gets defensive and responds on the attack. The seller is a ******, and deserves a negative. OP, drop that negative and move on.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I received a card today in a PWE........I have no idea how much I paid for it.......just thrown in a toploader without DC and with no protection or tape. Card arrived safe and sound.

I could have paid $10 for delivery. Doesn't matter. Card A goes from Point B to Point C flawlessly I leave 20 stars every single time even if I have to wait 2 weeks.

I received another card in the mail today....in a pretty large box from UPS.....wrapped in about 5 feet of bubble wrap......1 single card........I looked and I paid $1.50 for shipping.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
My question is,

Is it really worth all of this just for a 4-5 dollar refund? You have spent time writing out emails back and forth, getting all worked up and running your blood pressure up over a dollar amount no greater than what it costs for a Happy Meal at McDonalds and then taking time to talk about it on here. I'm not siding with anyone, I just don't see the need to fight over 4-5 dollars. If you got scammed, thats one thing. But I'm just wondering what you guys think. Is it really worth it for the amount of money involved?

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
blanning71 said:
My question is,

Is it really worth all of this just for a 4-5 dollar refund? You have spent time writing out emails back and forth, getting all worked up and running your blood pressure up over a dollar amount no greater than what it costs for a Happy Meal at McDonalds and then taking time to talk about it on here. I'm not siding with anyone, I just don't see the need to fight over 4-5 dollars. If you got scammed, thats one thing. But I'm just wondering what you guys think. Is it really worth it for the amount of money involved?

Haha...I don't get all worked up about it...not that way at all. It's not even really about the money. It's all principle. I mean, at least when I pay $9.95 shipping for something off of mail order, they send it with tracking info and professionally packaged. I guess I just believe that you should get what you pay for. That goes for me and all of you guys. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers. I just didn't think this was right. Seems like the opinion is split down the middle. So, some users benefited from this info.

touchdowntimekc

Dec 19, 2009
The rule of thumb should be the seller does not have to offer combined shipping as an option if they don't want to they have every right not too but......If you do pay for individual shipping the seller should not then combine the shipping they should pack them all seperately.

If they do elect to combine the shipping the buyer should have every right ask for a refund. But 99% percent of the time this kind of situation is avoided by emailing the seller first

Members online

Latest posts