Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting Razor listings...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i am not a fan of razor by any means, but these seem to be a decent deal...

[ebay:2ehera6k]330403165727[/ebay:2ehera6k]

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Not a rip at razor or a bash on them at all.....but were not the printing plates destroyed????

Again, I am just asking because I am sure I am confused somewhere here!! I dont mean this as a rip at all!!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Some of them seem ridiculously cheap as well.

Cool idea to have them signed on the plate. Looks nice.

mchenrycards said:
Not a rip at razor or a bash on them at all.....but were not the printing plates destroyed????

Again, I am just asking because I am sure I am confused somewhere here!! I dont mean this as a rip at all!!
Unsold "base" metal cards were destoyed at the Natty.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
mchenrycards said:

Why would they destroy the printing plates.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
kellymetalbase6.jpg

I like the base plates signed best.

mchenrycards

sportscardtheory said:
mchenrycards said:

Why??

Destruction of printing plates is a common occurance especially in the collectables world as this quarantees the stated production and prevents any issues with the manufacturer coming back and firing up the presses and printing more items.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
mchenrycards said:
sportscardtheory said:
mchenrycards said:

Why??

Destruction of printing plates is a common occurance especially in the collectables world as this quarantees the stated production and prevents any issues with the manufacturer coming back and firing up the presses and printing more items.

I think that most, if not all, companies now use the printing plates as inserts. Printing plates are all over the place.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
mchenrycards said:
sportscardtheory said:
mchenrycards said:

Why??

only if the plates are kept as a full sheet

cutting them out IS destroying them for printing purposes

mchenrycards

sportscardtheory said:
mchenrycards said:
sportscardtheory said:
mchenrycards said:

Why??

I think that most, if not all, companies now use the printing plates as inserts. Printing plates are all over the place.

Hence my question...I thought I had heard they destroyed the plates and it turns out it was not the case.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I guess printing plates weren't inserted into Razor Signature...would have been a nice addition. Seeing them sold direct now just further ruffles my already ruffled feathers. Something with such promise failed so dramatically due to poor execution. It really is a shame.

mchenrycards

cgilmo said:
mchenrycards said:
sportscardtheory said:
mchenrycards said:

Why??

only if the plates are kept as a full sheet

cutting them out IS destroying them for printing purposes

I TOTALLY understand this process!!

My only questions was that I recalled they were destroyed but I was incorrect!!

Carry on...keep moving...nothing to see here...........:)

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I guess printing plates weren't inserted into Razor Signature...would have been a nice addition. Seeing them sold direct now just further ruffles my already ruffled feathers. Something with such promise failed so dramatically due to poor execution. It really is a shame.

It shouldn't ruffle your feathers if you paid attention. Razor was up front that they did not want to insert plates into signature series because it made it too easy to search packs. Each pack came with 4 or 5 base cards and one auto so all packs should have been the same thickness and weight. Throwing a plate in the mix would make it easy to tell the difference in packs.

This was stated before the product was released.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Completely agree Jim. I thought the Metal razors were not being sold anymore. I checked his listings he sold a ton of them last week.

BowmanChromeAddict said:

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
jcmint said:
Completely agree Jim. I thought the Metal razors were not being sold anymore. I checked his listings he sold a ton of them last week.

BowmanChromeAddict said:

No. Brian stated that he would never sell the autos below original sale cost. The only ones he said wouldn't sell at all were the base metals and those were destroyed at the national

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
EricInCT said:
These clowns aren't out of business yet?

Nope, they continue to produce non-sport products, as well as the Razor Army All America products that Chris has blogged about on the front page.

They've not produced any baseball products since Razor Letterman.

Nov 6, 2009
Texas
I'd be more interested in these if they were an auction ,and not BINs. I'm sorry, printing plates, even auto'd printing plates, are not worth $40-50 per item when the base autos (same products) of those players were selling for $2-5.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
HoustonCollector said:
I'd be more interested in these if they were an auction ,and not BINs. I'm sorry, printing plates, even auto'd printing plates, are not worth $40-50 per item when the base autos (same products) of those players were selling for $2-5.

I don't think any will sell near the BIN prices. I do wish they were up at auction though. I won't even be offering until I see what some others sell at, and I only want them because they are PC. I see little to no investment value in Razor anymore.

Members online

Latest posts