Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will This Guy Be A Inducted Into The HOF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
I was just thinking to myself if Craig Biggio will be a HOF member? I personally think yes, but I am not 100% sure... Show of some Cards If You Want Of Him.

My Only Auto
LogansCards1117.jpg

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Biggio is a lock for the HOF, based on his #'s and how he matches up historically.

The minute he gets inducted, I will be right there in the cooperstown crowd, happy as a clam. I might even shed a tear of joy.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Johan Santana #57 said:
3000 hit lock

Although he did not have the flash or popularity of most past 3000 hit members, I think that 3000 hits, in and of itself, should provide him a pass in to the Hall. However, I would be dishonest if I did not say that when I think of the Hall of Fame, he does not readily pop in to my head.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
matfanofold said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
3000 hit lock

Although he did not have the flash or popularity of most past 3000 hit members, I think that 3000 hits, in and of itself, should provide him a pass in to the Hall. However, I would be dishonest if I did not say that when I think of the Hall of Fame, he does not readily pop in to my head.

Just because is doesn't have the "sexy" ability many of other common names bring, he still has done some AMAZING things...

- The only player in the history of baseball with 3000 hits, 600 doubles, 400 stolen bases, and 250 home runs.
- Nine home runs short of joining the career 300-300 club (300 homers and 300 stolen bases). He would have become only the seventh player to achieve the feat.
- Nine home runs short of the 3,000 hits, 300 homers and 300 stolen bases mark; he would have been only the second player in history to reach that club, the other being Willie Mays.
- Holds the modern-era career hit-by-pitch record, and he is second to only Hughie Jennings on the all-time list.
- With 668 doubles, he ended his career in 5th place on the all-time list. Holds the record for the most doubles by a right-handed hitter.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Mighty Bombjack said:
3000 hits has historically been a lock, but all with the same team seals the deal

OP-wanna trade me that auto?

Not really, would have to be an incredible offer...

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
arod305 said:
Mighty Bombjack said:
3000 hits has historically been a lock, but all with the same team seals the deal

OP-wanna trade me that auto?

Not really, would have to be an incredible offer...

You can CMB, but there's not much in there. It wasn't really a serious offer, I was just saying that, because I collect HOF autos, I'm gonna need a Biggio soon.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
matfanofold said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
3000 hit lock

Just because is doesn't have the "sexy" ability many of other common names bring, he still has done some AMAZING things...

- The only player in the history of baseball with 3000 hits, 600 doubles, 400 stolen bases, and 250 home runs.
- Nine home runs short of joining the career 300-300 club (300 homers and 300 stolen bases). He would have become only the seventh player to achieve the feat.
- Nine home runs short of the 3,000 hits, 300 homers and 300 stolen bases mark; he would have been only the second player in history to reach that club, the other being Willie Mays.
- Holds the modern-era career hit-by-pitch record, and he is second to only Hughie Jennings on the all-time list.
- With 668 doubles, he ended his career in 5th place on the all-time list. Holds the record for the most doubles by a right-handed hitter.

Agreed. :)

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
matfanofold said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
matfanofold said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
3000 hit lock

Agreed. :)

I think the most important stat of all that people overlook....

- He played his entire career with the team that drafted him, and moved position three times without a gripe or question asked. He was all about his team and his city, rather than focusing on himself.

That is a true rarity in the modern era.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Kind of off topic, but I was at the Hall of Fame the Saturday before Boggs and Sandberg was being inducted. I must have seen 40 different people wearing a Sandberg jersey, but not one Boggs jersey.

The fact Biggio did play for one team not only helps his popularity, but also like others have said before me, should count for something. If I was a voter and I was on the bubble for him, that alone would sway me to vote him in.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Kind of off topic, but I was at the Hall of Fame the Saturday before Boggs and Sandberg was being inducted. I must have seen 40 different people wearing a Sandberg jersey, but not one Boggs jersey.

The fact Biggio did play for one team not only helps his popularity, but also like others have said before me, should count for something. If I was a voter and I was on the bubble for him, that alone would sway me to vote him in.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
[quote="NECpilgrims8 He was all about his team and his city, rather than focusing on himself.

That is a true rarity in the modern era.[/quote]

Tell that to Chris Burke. I'm the biggest Astros fan I know.

Craig Biggio is the most over-rated player this side of Derek Jeter. He was never even close to the best player on his team. He has gaudy #s because he played so far passed his prime. The last couple years of his career all he cared about was getting to 3000 so he would make the HOF.

He played the game the right way and I will always respect him for that, but to say he didn't focus on himself is a joke.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
trevordchi said:
Tell that to Chris Burke. I'm the biggest Astros fan I know.

Craig Biggio is the most over-rated player this side of Derek Jeter. He was never even close to the best player on his team. He has gaudy #s because he played so far passed his prime. The last couple years of his career all he cared about was getting to 3000 so he would make the HOF.

He played the game the right way and I will always respect him for that, but to say he didn't focus on himself is a joke.

Well, if you want to look at it that way, then every player focuses on themselves, rather than their team.

The fact is, he has moved positions three times, at the request of the organization. Most self-centered players would bitch and moan about it, and create problems. He just moved and kept his mouth shut, played hard, and continued to do what he always did - play to win.

You can't argue the numbers and the amount of good things he did for the organization and the community. In an era of egotistical, money hungry, over-inflated ballplayers, Biggio is a rare role model. It really isn't for anyone to say he play "so" far passed his prime, when he still hit 20+ HR, 60+ RBI, and 130+ hits in two of his final 3 seasons.

Members online

Latest posts