Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OK, time to share!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

I am a horrible prospector. I have not had one guy that I can say I have a sure bet on making a profit on as a whole. With that said, here is my latest venture! I have a small budget relative to some.

scan0031.jpg

scan0030.jpg

scan0029.jpg

scan0028.jpg

2 EEE /690 autos, 1 Xfractor, 1 refractor, and 48 base chrome remain unscanned.

I have another guy from BDP as well, but no one will care about him right now and the stash is more shameful (in a "i shouldn't have bought that much" way) than this.

marterburn

Jaypers said:
marterburn said:
I am a horrible prospector. I have not had one guy that I can say I have a sure bet on making a profit on as a whole.

That is precisely why I recommend you not invest in just one player. Diversification is key. Buy some rare parallels of several players.

Here's an example.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ ... s%20Autos/

i have more than just rogers, he's just one of the 2-3 i'll be waiting and hoping on with a vested interest. I made it a point to hold on to players i pulled from packs like mitchell and grichuk who have high ceilings.

Damn I thought you were posting pictures of the wife :( ;)

But I guess we well settle for the cards :lol:
Nice stuff

maybe later, if she's in a good mood :p

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
marterburn said:
Jaypers said:
marterburn said:
I am a horrible prospector. I have not had one guy that I can say I have a sure bet on making a profit on as a whole.

That is precisely why I recommend you not invest in just one player. Diversification is key. Buy some rare parallels of several players.

Here's an example.

i have more than just rogers, he's just one of the 2-3 i'll be waiting and hoping on with a vested interest. I made it a point to hold on to players i pulled from packs like mitchell and grichuk who have high ceilings.

Damn I thought you were posting pictures of the wife :( ;)

But I guess we well settle for the cards :lol:
Nice stuff

maybe later, if she's in a good mood :p
:lol:

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Jaypers said:
marterburn said:

Here's an example.

Hah.

Even if he bought base of those guys, it's still pushing like 400 bucks.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Just put some $ into 1 guy because I liked his story and has some potential. I dont have the cash to really go head first into prospecting and I have had to pass up the red refractor twice now because of not having the funds that the seller was asking for it, but heres my little collection:
BowmanGoldWBC.jpg

Etopps.jpg

SterlingPatch.jpg

ToppsChromeBlackPlate.jpg

ToppsChromeWBCGold.jpg
/50
ToppsSouthAfricaDualGU.jpg
/25
ToppsSouthAfricaTripleGU.jpg
/25
BowmanYellow.jpg

GiftRedRefractor.jpg
/25
NgoepeSuperfractor.jpg

Just picked up a gold refractor and the Sterling red refractor.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I have a bunch of Mike Rouse and Merkin Valdez cards, but mostly traded for the Merkin's ::facepalm::

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
I have a bunch of Mike Rouse and Merkin Valdez cards, but mostly traded for the Merkin's ::facepalm::

I think i have a mike rouse /20 topps xfractor uncirculated RC.

I think........want it?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
marterburn said:
There's no such thing as a "sure bet." Anyone saying otherwise (unless they are simply flipping cards they bought on the cheap) is fooling themselves.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Mudcatsfan said:
55_marlins_sp said:

I think i have a mike rouse /20 topps xfractor uncirculated RC.

I think........want it?

Yes, I'd be super interested in it. Even though Rouse doesn't play or really have a shot at the majors anymore, I know I'll never dump what I've got, unless Mike Rouse wants them :p. LMK what you need for it.

marterburn

Topnotchsy said:
marterburn said:
There's no such thing as a "sure bet." Anyone saying otherwise (unless they are simply flipping cards they bought on the cheap) is fooling themselves.

well, if I bought 10 cards for $10 each and sold 8 for $120, then I have guaranteed that I made profit and still have 2 cards. but i was thinking more of a sure bet as a loss. I don't think I'm going to make a profit on my Brett Cecils anymore, and I probably will end up losing a bit on Gerardo Parra as well. I have not delved into anyone else that has boomed, debuted and leveled, or busted completely yet.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Jaypers said:
marterburn said:

Here's an example.

EHhhhhh, No Borchering in there ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
ballerskrip said:
Jaypers said:
marterburn said:

Here's an example.

EHhhhhh, No Borchering in there ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

He doesn't want Borchering to be the next Einerston, thus JP is staying away ...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
55_marlins_sp said:
ballerskrip said:
Jaypers said:
marterburn said:

Here's an example.

He doesn't want Borchering to be the next Einerston, thus JP is staying away ...

Borchering is a much better prospect than Einerston ever was. But, that is my opinion. But PLEASE don't make those comparison's, that is scary!

skrip

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ballerskrip said:
55_marlins_sp said:
ballerskrip said:
Jaypers said:
marterburn said:

Here's an example.

Borchering is a much better prospect than Einerston ever was. But, that is my opinion. But PLEASE don't make those comparison's, that is scary!

skrip

It's spelled "Einertson".

As for EEE Golds, I'm not buying cards of players who have Chromes already.

Members online

Latest posts