Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay BIN/BO question..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I have in my auctions that I only ship to the US with confirmed paypal address. I recieved an offer for one of my cards and the buyer lives in Canada. Is it safe to send to Canada w/o the protection of DC? If I accept should I charge more for shipping to get some type of tracking? Thanks

~AJ

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
IMO no. i only ship to the US. might miss out on a dollar or two here & there, but better than it getting "lost" in customs

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
I have never had any problems shipping cards to anywhere in the world such as Australia, Germany and even South Africa...

Honestly, it doesn't bother me at all. I usually email the winning bidder to ask 2 choices - regular airmail or certified. Usually they tell me what they want...

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I ship to Canada nearly every week

it's sometime slow but can't remember the last time something got lost

give him the choice but I don't think any tracking really works

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
ajbraves25 said:
pigskincardboard said:
Is it a Chad Jenkins or Travis Snider card, because if so, I really want it..

Nope its my Gordon Beckham 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft auto PSA 10

I'm assuming that this is a pretty high dollar item? If it is over 250, paypal requires a signature confirmation. That costs like 12 (could be 17) dollars internationally? It's worth it for a big item.

EDIT-Just checked and it's not that high.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
If it's over 50 dollars, which it should be, force him to buy insurance.

I think 10% is a very fair number when it comes to Shipping Costs:Item Price.

even at 10 dollars shipping for a 50 dollar item, or 20%, is completely reasonable from your perspective.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
If it's a higher dollar card, which it sounds like it is, I'd send with Registered Mail, and tell the buyer that. Tell him that your auction states US-only, but you're willing ot make an exception if he's willing to pay the shipping costs.

I've only had one issue shipping to Canada and it was about a $20 item, and I ship to Canada quite a bit. But even something $50+ or more, I wouldn't ship without covering myself.

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
Sly said:
If it's a higher dollar card, which it sounds like it is, I'd send with Registered Mail, and tell the buyer that. Tell him that your auction states US-only, but you're willing ot make an exception if he's willing to pay the shipping costs.

What Sly wrote is absolutely the only way to completely cover yourself against a Paypal chargeback as Registered Mail is signed for every step of the way. I have had two packages "lost" in 10 years on ebay and both were to Canada. For a card of that value, I would charge them $15 and send it registered.

Members online

Latest posts