Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who can reach the 3000 Hit club?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
This club seems to be diminishing...who can make it?

These are the players over 2000 Hits. I am thinking that many players that take care of their bodies can play until 42, granted they will get less playing time and their numbers will continue to lessen, but think there will be some of these on this list like OMAR that will play over 42 as well.

Griffey
Jeter
IROD
Omar
Sheffield
Abreau
Damon
AROD
Garret Anderson
Manny
Chipper
Vlad
Edgar Renteria
Helton
Kendall
Durham

Put your Y/N's next to the players and add your own...

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
I agree with the rest of the people. Ichiro will reach 3,000 hits. He is always healthy and is in great shape. I feel he would be one of the few people who can actually perform at the major league level past age 42.

Plus he's a hitting machine.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Griffey No
Jeter Yes
IROD No
Omar No
Sheffield No
Abreau No
Damon No
AROD Yes
Garret Anderson No
Manny No
Chipper No
Vlad No
Edgar Renteria No
Helton No
Kendall No
Durham No

Jeter
Arod
Miguel Cabrera

Only I'll probably witness in my lifetime.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Yes from your list: Jeter and Arod

Other Yes: Pujols, Carl Crawford.

Other maybe: Miguel Cabrera, Mark Teixieira

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I don't know which 2, but I am convinced that besides arod and jeter, at least 2 more players from my list will surprise us and make it to 3000! ;)

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Won't it be fun to watch Joe Mauer work his way towards 3,000 in a few years? Way too early to say he will do it, but still...

I believe Jeter could make it to 4,000.

Otherwise, ARod, and Ichiro are the only other ones on the list who will Make it--yes, even Albert will fall short.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Greg Cleveland said:
Won't it be fun to watch Joe Mauer work his way towards 3,000 in a few years? Way too early to say he will do it, but still...

Otherwise, ARod, and Ichiro are the only other ones on the list who will Make it--yes, even Albert will fall short.
Agreed. With Bonds retired, Pujols is the most feared hitter in baseball (with A-Rod in close second). He'll draw a lot of walks (and intentional walks) and will hinder his chances at 3k hits.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Greg Cleveland said:

I agree with everything here too. I do beleive Johnny Damon can make it to 3,000 isn't ge sitting at over 2,400 right now. Sure he's 36 but if he can have decent hitting years for the next 3-5 seasons, he'll get close. I really hope Helton will, because I feel he's been overlooked for too long

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
Greg Cleveland said:

I agree with everything here too. I do beleive Johnny Damon can make it to 3,000 isn't ge sitting at over 2,400 right now. Sure he's 36 but if he can have decent hitting years for the next 3-5 seasons, he'll get close. I really hope Helton will, because I feel he's been overlooked for too long

+1, I think damon will do it. He is still in great shape and putting up the hits. He has a good work-out ethic...who else will make it if they can continue to put up the numbers to age 40+.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Griffey YES
Jeter YES
IROD NO
Omar YES
Sheffield NO
Abreau NO
Damon NO
AROD YES
Garret Anderson Maybe
Manny YEs
Chipper YEs
Vlad NO
Edgar Renteria NO
Helton Yes
Kendall NO
Durham NO

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I don't think Omar will make it, unfortunately. He'll be 43 years old and sitting right about 2,700 hits. Although he's still solid defensively (no errors at 2B, SS, and 3B last year in 62 games), he's in a utility role. If he was only 100-125 hits shy, I'd say he's got a legitimate shot. At 300 hits short, he'd have to perform way about expectations for at least two full seasons and more realistically three more. It's just not realistic to think he'd be able to get the at-bats, stay healthy, hit for average, and actually win a job as a starting SS at 44 or 45 years old.

I think it's more likely he finishes around 1,775 if this is his last year. If he's lucky to play in 2011, maybe he hits 1,850.

Members online

Latest posts