Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jackie Robinson Cut Auto Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
Which Jackie Robinson Auto is more desirable?

A cut where he signs Jack R. Robinson or a Cut where he signs Jackie Robinson?

Thinking about buying and wanted to know if their was a difference in price or collectiblilty.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
There are a few body parts I might give for either one...

Seriously, as a HOF auto collector, I would care MUCH more about the quality of the sig and the size of the cut (and that it was slabbed by psa/dna or jsa).

All these things equal (along with price), I'd take Jackie.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I'll go against the flow and say I'd like to have a "Jack" cut. Don't know why but it seems a little bit more rare (not sure if it really is...)......kinda like a G.H. Ruth cut, rather than Babe........

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Either would be fantastic, but for resale value down the road, I think many would prefer jackie....also, is the Jack R. a cut check....and what is the other one on. Personally, I try to find Cuts that are not checks because a lot of times players sign a bit differently on checks than they would/did in their playing days--which also means that Robinson CUT AUTO may not have been signed as early as some of his other sigs.

TK

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
I prefer Jackie instead of Jack. What's the cost on the cut and have you looked into a fully signed piece like a check or other document to see if the price is similar? I got a HOF plaque card signed by him at close to what some of the cuts from UD and the like are selling for.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
Bigfan- I haven't looked at a full piece, I actually prefer the card as I can look at it from time to time, me leaving for Law School will not afford me to have much Memorabilia. Excited about the new Prime Cut patches? I saw one and started foaming.

Pujols- I was looking at stuff from UD, so yes the Jack R is usually a check. A Jackie 01 SPA psa 8 just ended really cheap and I didn't see it or else would have won it. Looks like the Jackie is the preferred response here and on a few other boards.

Shanks- I actually see a lot more Jack R Cuts than Jackie Signatures not sure which is more rare though.

Mighty- I missed out on a rather nice Jackie cut that had a huge signature. He wanted 1400 and we were off by about 50.

Tom- Thanks for your comment.

Indyman- Thanks for the help.

95vr4- There are only Jack R up on the bay right now but I found a Jackie for sale at via a local show.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Not to spam, but if you change your mind I know somebody :D with a great 1954 Dodgers Ball with a fantastic Jackie Robinson signature (JSA) for less than what you were wanting to drop on a cut.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
Jastermereel said:
Not to spam, but if you change your mind I know somebody :D with a great 1954 Dodgers Ball with a fantastic Jackie Robinson signature (JSA) for less than what you were wanting to drop on a cut.

Could you PM me a picture?

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
Jastermereel said:

Could you PM me a picture?

Yeah. It will have to be after Christmas though. I can't do it tonight, and no time tomorrow or Thursday.

I bought it about 5 months ago with the sole purpose of reselling it, but if something doesn't fit on my scanner then I'm horrible about getting pictures done. So it's just been sitting here.

It's sharp. The toning isn't bad at all and all the signatures look nice. According to Huggins & Scott the ball is an '8'. It has 23 signatures with a few of them being clubhouse, including Duke Snider. However there are no problems with the big $$ guys, JR, Campanella, & Hodges.

Anyway, I'll get some pictures taken on Friday and will send them.

Latest posts