Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Box/Case Tally Thread

I Will Be Busting X Amount of 2010 Bowman

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I don't remember if I created one of these threads or not when the sell sheets first released, but if I did I can't find it.

With the news of USA Chromes and refractor parallels being added to the product, I'm curious to see how much everyone here will be busting.

I decided not to bother differentiating between Hobby and Jumbo in the poll - feel free to clarify if you like.

Vote!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Topps is being a pain this year.

You have to buy 3 hobby boxes to get 2 jumbo boxes.

Last year was not a problem at all.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
All In Cards said:
Topps is being a pain this year.

You have to buy 3 hobby boxes to get 2 jumbo boxes.

Last year was not a problem at all.

I get the feeling you won't have a problem unloading it, in any case.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Looks like it'll be a solid product, but I'm saving my 2010 wax craving for the first product with Strasburg chrome autos.

Singles for me.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
The addition of USA does nothing for me: The player is not in a team, and so I would be collecting said player, if/when they get drafted by the Rockies. Overall, I'm in it for around two boxes; always a singles guy.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Superfractor said:
The addition of USA does nothing for me: The player is not in a team, and so I would be collecting said player, if/when they get drafted by the Rockies.

But it does give the ripper more bang for the buck than before, you'd agree?

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Jaypers said:
Superfractor said:
The addition of USA does nothing for me: The player is not in a team, and so I would be collecting said player, if/when they get drafted by the Rockies.

Yep, I agree. It will still be exciting. Am I assuming reasonably that X-player's post-drafted Superfractor/Chrome would be worth more than his USA Super'/Chrome (pending they are both base-chrome)?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Superfractor said:
I'm assuming reasonably that X-player's post-drafted Superfractor/Chrome would be worth more than his USA Super'/Chrome (pending they are both base-chrome)?

I doubt you'd get an argument with that from anyone here.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Jaypers said:
Superfractor said:
I'm assuming reasonably that X-player's post-drafted Superfractor/Chrome would be worth more than his USA Super'/Chrome (pending they are both base-chrome)?

I doubt you'd get an argument with that from anyone here.

The key will be to move a majority of the USA stuff right after the draft. It looks like that will be their only Topps/Chrome card at that point. Unless its a 16U guy that goes to college, I will be moving all the USA stuff I pull very quickly

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
mredsox89 said:
It looks like that will be their only Topps/Chrome card at that point.

Technically that's not quite correct. Some of these kids had AFLAC's last year.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Jaypers said:
mredsox89 said:
It looks like that will be their only Topps/Chrome card at that point.

Technically that's not quite correct. Some of these kids had AFLAC's last year.

True. I should know that considering my guy has an AFLAC already, lol. But my overall point remains the same. A USA chrome will drop off significantly the minute they get a chrome card pictured in their team uniform

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
3 Jumbo Cases, 1 Hobby Case.

The third jumbo case was locked in this week with a price increase. The first three I am getting through the LCS, direct from Topps for a great price.

Topps themselves did not change the price with the inclusion of USA cards. Some distributors and retailers have increased price due to increase demand.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I'll be saving for 2011 isn't that when all the Razor exclusives will have a chance of having a First Year Chrome Auto?

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Jaypers said:
Superfractor said:

Not really since box and case prices have raised with the news of the usa's

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Jaypers said:
Superfractor said:

Most people I know of that are busting significant product (1+ case) were locked in to at least some prior to this price increase, so it definitely does provide more bang for your buck. Most people lock into their cases much earlier than the release date.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
sdsportsfan1214 said:
Jaypers said:
Superfractor said:

Temporary spike. Eventually they'll settle. And besides, most people locked in early.

Members online

Latest posts