Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Browns release Anderson

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Okay, I'm a niners fan and I'm also a huge Anderson fan.

I'm of the old school of thought where your quarterback better be 6'6".

I remember this time two years ago, when Flacco was coming out, all I could think about was Derek Anderson. They're a great comparison, and Anderson's still got a tonne left in the tank.

It's not impossible to take a big-armed QB and west-coastize him. Guys like Anderson are terrific with playmakers around 'em and a running game to keep defenses honest.

If I were Minnesota, I'd be all over this guy (although, I don't know anything about Sage & Tavaris' contracts).

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Also, what I meant to post was these teams are killing themselves with huge cap-hit releases...

I don't know what Anderson's number is, and it's probably not as big as Delhomme's but jesus.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
pigskincardboard said:
Also, what I meant to post was these teams are killing themselves with huge cap-hit releases...

I don't know what Anderson's number is, and it's probably not as big as Delhomme's but jesus.

I thought cap hits didn't factor this offseason since it'll be an uncapped year... what am I misunderstanding?

Also, as the poster above stated, there's zero market for DA's $8mm contract.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
mstng99tim said:
Why would anyone trade for him and take on his almost 8 million a season contract???

Exactly. If you trade for him, you have to pay that amount. If you wait until he's cut, you can make an offer you think is much better. I still think he has a shot at being a respectable starter. I can see him going to Arizona, and see if he can beat out Leinart for a chance to play in a pretty good offense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts