Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Got my 1 Box of Topps Sterling in from ATLSportscards..Cobb

Should I bust or sell it

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
I ordered 1 box of Topps Sterling from Atlanta Sports cards and Just opened the wrapper and mystery pack. In the mystery pack I got a Ryne Sandberg Silver Card 1/1 and the box is of TY COBB! Pretty good luck to pull that right? I am debating on opening or just selling the box on the bay... Opinions?

chrome_ball

Aug 7, 2008
Michigan
Since you only bought one box I would imagine that you could make your money back on the card whether it is a regular jersey piece or something better. So, my opinion would be to open it up and post a scan :)

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
You already pulled the Ryno 1/1 which you can sell and make a decent buck or 2 on---and you have a Chance at possibly pulling a really sick Cobb Bat Barrel or something---for that shot I would open it....you can always sell everything out of it, if you decide you dont like it and be just fine because it is Ty Cobb....

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
i think he busted it and didnt get anything and is now mad at all of us for selfishly wanting to see what he got/pulled instead of telling him to go sell to the highest bidder as this hobby is only about the $$$$$$.......

LOL, that actually sounds kind of funny coming from me

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
you guys are funny... I have not busted it yet ... I put the cobb box and the 5 prime cuts in my car.... I have no cases here at work to store the cards so I am going to bust them at home and live break them.... I am leaving work early so watch the box break boards

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
You can sell sealed for like $400. You can sell what is most likely a GU for about $250. So do you want to pay $150 for a chance at a barrel/cut?

You're making money whether you bust or open, so it can't hurt to give it a try...

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
lkk116 said:
you guys are funny... I have not busted it yet ... I put the cobb box and the 5 prime cuts in my car.... I have no cases here at work to store the cards so I am going to bust them at home and live break them.... I am leaving work early so watch the box break boards
:)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
lkk116 said:

Good call :!:

Members online

Latest posts