Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How should I store my rare high end cards???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiracleMatthew

Jan 15, 2010
Midland, TX
I have been wondering which is the best way to protect a card, from both outside exposure, and inside.
For example:
Would keeping a rare card in a grading card saver long term hurt the card? What about magnetic cases?
Or is a toploader and penny sleeve the best?

I have a few cards that I am wondering this about, and I will probably never grade them. Just wondering what opinions/facts there are out there. Thanks guys

MiracleMatthew

Jan 15, 2010
Midland, TX
Haha. I'll have to think about that man.

Toploader is what I was thinking, it just seems card savers would squeeze the corners and edges too much.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
All my highest end cards are in ultra pro one touch magnetics sealed inside a team bag.

Great storage so far with no problems whatsoever, and they make GREAT coasters (j/k!)

MiracleMatthew

Jan 15, 2010
Midland, TX
Coasters huh? I put the 2006 longoria superfractor under this damn table leg that just would not stop wabbling. Anyways, solved the problem. :) Those cards are pointless anyways. I'm talking about base cards! Whats the best way to protect those bad boys?
:lol:

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Who here uses a safe? I was thinking more for fire/flood protection, not really worried about theft.. I was looking at a Sentry 3300, curious to know what others do.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
ALL my pc cards are either in psa/bgs/sgc casings or in magnetic one-touch, and then in graded card sleeves.

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
uniquebaseballcards said:
Who here uses a safe? I was thinking more for fire/flood protection, not really worried about theft.. I was looking at a Sentry 3300, curious to know what others do.

I use Sentry 3220. Like the design better for not that much more money. I picked mine up at target for about $150.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
Roy Birchler said:

I use Sentry 3220. Like the design better for not that much more money. I picked mine up at target for about $150.

how many cards does that hold though....I have been considering doing that.....what is your criteria for the cards that make the safe!?!?

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
I store all my high end cards in ultra pro one touches and then a team bag. Now if you want a real safe consider this go to youtube and watch people tear apart sensory safes you won't want one. I would love to get a liberty home safe there Bad ass

http://www.libertysafe.com/

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
I'd advise against card savers unless your storage area is very controlled when it comes to humidity.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
RITM said:
Safe deposit boxes at banks.

To further explain this your bank should have a safe that is safe from fire as well as a sprikler system. They have built in insurance with the contract and of course someone has to go through bank security rather than go through someone in your family. I don't want anything in the home that might encourage someone to take a risk.

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
pgwtamu said:
Roy Birchler said:

how many cards does that hold though....I have been considering doing that.....what is your criteria for the cards that make the safe!?!?

I have about 150 cards in magnetic holders stored in it. Could probably get more with a better stacking system. My most expensive cards are kept in there. Had my expensive cards in safe deposit boxes, but had to go to the bank to look at them. Might as well sell them if I can't look at them when I want to.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Roy Birchler said:
pgwtamu said:
[quote="Roy Birchler":10anh3nf]

I have about 150 cards in magnetic holders stored in it. Could probably get more with a better stacking system. My most expensive cards are kept in there. Had my expensive cards in safe deposit boxes, but had to go to the bank to look at them. Might as well sell them if I can't look at them when I want to.[/quote:10anh3nf]

150 cards in a sentry 3300? Do you mind a link to what you consider a good deal, on the model?

Members online

Latest posts