Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Elijah Dukes is released

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow and just a few weeks ago it seemed they were going to have him start in the outfield.
OH well this is a funny game. It also said they tried to trade him, What Seattle would not take him.
Oh wait they already have a Tool for an outfielder, no need for 2 tools.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
It'll take a lot for another team to let him in their clubhouse. He's had no success at the major league level (on the field) and I wouldn't be surprised if his off the field issues blackballed him.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
When i saw the subject my first reaction was, I did not know he was back in jail.

jbone17 said:
When I first saw the thread title I thought it said Elijah Dukes arrested.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
rico08 said:
It'll take a lot for another team to let him in their clubhouse. He's had no success at the major league level (on the field) and I wouldn't be surprised if his off the field issues blackballed him.

Well, Milton Bradley is still around, i assume Dukes will have another chance elsewhere.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
I hope he does get another chance with a small market team. It would be a great story if he could continue to improve his behavior and make good. It's an opportunity to be a positive role model with kids he could identify with, and vice versa.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You can fix stupid. It just takes the right guy.

I have no clue what he'd cost, but I'd have no problem spending 700K to find the perfect shrink, and 300 K on top of it for him to just follow Dukes around.

If he gets on the field drunk, high, and with 3 of his baby mamma chasing him, he's a 20/20 guy. If his head's on straight, he's a 30/30 guy with average defense.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Man if he really puts it together he could be a real good ball player and be a steal.

He had 13 HR and 13 SB in what like less than 300 at bats for the Nationials (MLB level).

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
sebpoo said:
rico08 said:

Well, Milton Bradley is still around, i assume Dukes will have another chance elsewhere.

Totally different players and "problems."

Anyway, wasn't someone buying up Dukes stuff a few months ago?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm pretty surprised. Dukes seems to be doing a pretty good job of staying out of trouble, and I don't think anyone denies that he has serious talent. Hopefully he goes somewhere where he can play every day.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
not sure what to say...has he ever been 20/20 period?

pigskincardboard said:
If he gets on the field drunk, high, and with 3 of his baby mamma chasing him, he's a 20/20 guy. If his head's on straight, he's a 30/30 guy with average defense.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
He's never played a full season but in 276 at bats in 2008 he had 13 homers and 13 steals. That's right around 30/30 for 600 at bats.

markakis8 said:
not sure what to say...has he ever been 20/20 period?

pigskincardboard said:

Jul 30, 2009
"What you be meaning you be pregnint hoe?"

"He aint be mines so I be throwing dis Gatarade bottel at ya."

"Yo, I be texting her now you dead dawg"

"Ow snap da cops be at my crib. I aint got no time to talk wit dem cause I be playing Playstation."

Members online

Latest posts