Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best way to sell a set of 2005 Aflac Gold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not a prospector in the least and have a full set of 2005 Aflac Gold Refractors. The set is ungraded raw and I'm looking to move it but was looking for opinions of whether to split it up or to sell individually? As someone who doesn't follow the trends of when a prospect is hot or not what do you think? Are there some guys in it who the masses feel will be hot at a later date thus making individual sales a better option?

Thanks and any opinions are appreciated.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Bigfan5 said:
I'm not a prospector in the least and have a full set of 2005 Aflac Gold Refractors. The set is ungraded raw and I'm looking to move it but was looking for opinions of whether to split it up or to sell individually? As someone who doesn't follow the trends of when a prospect is hot or not what do you think? Are there some guys in it who the masses feel will be hot at a later date thus making individual sales a better option?

Thanks and any opinions are appreciated.

A few of the guys in that set have not lived up to everyones high hopes and have fallen out of popularity with the prospectors. Personally, I would break it up and sell individual cards. There are some very educated prospectors on this board and their opinion should carry far more weight than mine so be patient and see what other responses you get.

Tom

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
If you are going to sell individually, the Drabek should do well. I would be interested in the Conger. PM me if you are looking to move it.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
I wouldn’t sell it right now. Lots of guys w/potential, but they’ve dipped. Is it gradeable? Either way, I’d sell individually.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Is it still factory sealed? I'll be a contrarian here, and say that you may get more for it sealed than you would for the individual raw cards, as a lot of the sets have been broken.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Sean_C said:
Is it still factory sealed? I'll be a contrarian here, and say that you may get more for it sealed than you would for the individual raw cards, as a lot of the sets have been broken.
If sealed I agree with Sean, but if opened then I would submit the bigger names for grading. Whatever you do I'm pretty sure you're going to make some good coin on them.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
The set is unsealed and each card is in a top loader.

The set is a bit O/C left to right but otherwise in great shape.

Here's and example:

img152.jpg

And, I have no price in mind as I don't collect these players or prospect in the least.

I guess going individually sounds like the way to go so far and given my apathy for keeping up with players (other than Dodgers) I'll eventually list them and let the dice roll.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Sell individually. There are some good players still in there. Chris Marrero, Kyle Drabek, Chris Tillman, and Hank Conger. Rowell and Parmelee used to be big guys but have really just fallen off the map.

Good luck

Members online

Latest posts